Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cabin filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Default cabin filter

Just bought a 99 c230 Kompressor. Im very impress with the car so far. it is a joy to drive.
Im tyring to change all the oils and air filters and I cant find the cabin air filter.
Also is there anything i should maintance on this car that you guys knowother then what im doing.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Default RE: cabin filter

It is kind of a pain in the neck changing the cabin filter. Here's how to do it. First you must remove the panel under the dash on the passenger side. Which entails removing the vent for the heat outletafter you get the panel off, feel around until you find two sliding pieces of plastic. slide the front one forward BUT NOT OFF ITs TRACK and slide the other back BUT NOT OFF ITs TRACK. The filter will drop down. NOTE WHICH WAY IT IS IN THE HOLDER. If you don't you will have a bear of a time putting in the new one, as they go in only one way. I change my every two years and clean it every year. I have a small air compressor and I spray air on the opposite side of the dirt accumulation and they take a fine paint brush and brush off the rest of the dirt. Interest what kind of dirt I find on the filter, dead leaves polywogs, small dead bugs. I then put either a flashlight or hold it up to the sun and if I can see thru it, it is OK to reinstall. I understand these filters only work when the recirculate buttom is engaged? Never could find out if that was a fact of not. It is OK to engage the recirculate buttom, especially in the summer as it cools the car down faster. Not a good idea to engage on a damp rainy or snowy day or warm and humid days as fog on the wndscreen and other windows will build up very quickly.

Go to www.mercedessop.com for a decent price for these filters. Tell them Big Al from Chicopee sent you.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-18-2007, 12:30 AM

I was looking under the dash and hoping it wasntinside the panel. I guess once a year isnt that bad. Thanks alot for the instructions.I willchange it this weekend using your instructions.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:04 AM

Your welcome, I always like to try and help a forum member. JUST remember 2 things, don't let the plastic slides come off and watch which way the filter comes out. I didn't the first time I changed it and had a heck of a time trying to getthe new oneback in. It would be nice to have a third hand for this job. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:08 PM

http://w202cabindustfilter.homestead.com/

Pretty pictures and everything!

Old 01-20-2007, 12:28 AM

Thanks alot guys. Pics everything
I have noexcuse.