Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C230 kompressor...oil change

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 01:52 AM
Default RE: C230 kompressor...oil change

You buy a Mercedes and can't afford 8 quarts of oil? Get the factory oil out between two and three thousand miles. It has nothing to do with the quality of the oil. The issue is all of the manufacturing debris that is dislodged by now and floating around in the oil. Also, who cares about the engine making it to fifty thousand miles? That only lets MB off the hook. I have seen engines do that without ever having the oil changed, and it was not synthetic. The issue is having the engine last a minimum of 250,000 miles. After that, absolutely no problem going six thousand miles on synthetic, and probably even 12,000, but since MB will not be picking up the tab after 50 k, I am in for 6 k oil changes. And don't skimp on the filter either. JMO.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:26 AM

$250 to syphon the old oil out is truly a rip off. Think what they would charge if they did a "real" oil change?

Old 07-23-2005, 11:43 AM

To clarify... I own several high performance vehicles and all use mobile 1 and I typically change the oil myself.
The interval between recommended oil changes and the $250 dealer charge both seem excessive... and its not a matter of being able to afford it. Oh yeah, oil changes always require a filter change to be done correctly... duh.

Old 07-23-2005, 01:16 PM

The recommended 10K mile interval is for synthetic oil only. Also, it only applies to "normal" driving conditions, i.e., no dusty areas, no high RPM, mostly highway, no stop 'n' go traffic, etc. I don't think it's excessive if all these ducks are lined up, but how often does that happen?

MB already lost a class-action lawsuit over the 10K interval. They forgot to tell customers they needed to use synthetic oil. So, this recommendation, as it currently stands, has been thoroughly vetted... I would hope.

Old 07-23-2005, 01:49 PM

Ride, you would be astonished at the number of folks who think that they can either change just the filter and preserve the remaining oil, or vice versa. It is astounding. In fact, I think that there is some oil manufacturer that touts only changing the filter and leaving the oil. That will do a lot to revove the chemical contamination in the oil. Not. There is nothing like pulling a drain plug and having nothing come out when the oil is full. Think jello. Just put on a new filter, add a little diesel fuel and run it at idle for a few minutes to loosen it up so you can drain it, replace the new filter and oil, get real cozy with your favorite engine rebuilder. Never seen it with synthetic though. Happens a lot with the dime store cheapo 10w40.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:34 PM

Hey, I don't know who in their right mind pay $250 for an oil change, I just changed the oil in my 2000 C230 for $60, and even that becouse I was too lazy to go to Costco or WalMart to buy the oil for less. I spent $42 at Autozone for 6 quarts of Mobile1 0W40 and a filter, plus $15 for an oil change in labor (used ot be like 10 bucks), plus I gave the nice guy a $3 tip, so that's sixty dollars exactly... The last time I took the car to a dealer, he said he put regular (mineral!!!) oil because that's what the factory manual said, a-hole... Buttom line: dealers suck and you can do it yourself (or at a local gas station) for almost as little as if it was a Honda or a Ford.
[quote]ORIGINAL: C240AWD

Old 11-24-2005, 03:31 PM

Would the oil change be an easy DIY job? I do it on my Jeep all the time. $250 for an oil change is ridiculous! Does the dealer do anything else like lube and check out everything? Thanks.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Default Oil Change

2007 C230 Sport, Automatic

What is the recommended oil filter for this car? I understand the 0W40 Synthetic Oil, but have not seen any discussion about which brand Oil Filter is recommended for this car. Any ideas/experiences?

Old 09-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Default C230K Oil Change

1.8 Supercharger EASY!! You can only get the filter at MB Dealer and it will come with the 3 o-rings that need to be changed every oil change $15.00. Also while you are there get the copper washer that goes with the plug $1.00. Yes the recommended is 10K but when it gets around the 5K mark I can tell a difference in the motor. I do a lot of city driving so I change it more. So I change mine at every 5K. I go to autozone and get recommended MOBIL 0-40W FULL Synthetic. It is the best and you pay for it. It take 5.8qts of oil so buy 6 qts. Take the second skid pad off the bottom of the car and take the plug out. The filter is on the fire wall. Looks like a plastic tube.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Default car stereo

please i am not sure am posting this correctly please i want somebody to help me out my kompressor 230 c class deck refuse to play the 6cd changer in the car and i borrowed another c class deck and tried in my car and the changer worked. please can somebody tell me how to fix mine

Quick Reply: C230 kompressor...oil change