Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c230 headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Default c230 headlamp

I recently purchased clear headlamps for my girls c230 and im planning on install on friday or sat, has anybody changed their headlamps on a c230 and if so how long did it take and how difficult was it ?
I have worked on hondas all my life and dodges but never MB. if anyone has experience with this any hints would also be great.
thanks.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Default RE: c230 headlamp

Hi this will sound harder than it is but here goes. In order to replace the head lamp unit you must first slide the front clip "Bumper and grill"forward and off, it is not very heavy just awkward, You can however leave The front clip on doing one side at a time but you still have to have the complete unitloose to have enough room to remove the headlamp.first you need to gain access through the front half of the front wheel wells this is easily done by removing a few fasteners from the wheel well. from there you will need some good light to identify a few fasteners to remove here. one clip holding the bumper to the quarter panel. then you will need to identify the unit that alows the clip to slide forward it is located forward but in the cavity of the quarter panel near the head lamp itself. I believe i removed the screw in the center of this wheel shaped disk, at this point remove 4-6 screws attaching the grill to the front of the vehicle, this will allow you to attempt to move the front clip forward while looking for more fasteners if part moves and some area seem stuborn look there for more fasteners. when all necessary fasteners are removes the clip moves forward freely.from here just a few fasteners for the unit itself use the new unit to identify these. reverse the process to reassemble.
Have patients think things out and Good luck.