Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C180 2005 Car Kit - Sony Ericsson K700i

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Default C180 2005 Car Kit - Sony Ericsson K700i

I just bought a new C180 Sports Coupe 2 days ago and got the Sony Ericsson k700i Cradle for it. It hasn't been the best. I had to cut the plastic from the base of the phone to get it to fit in the cradle. I also noticed that the socket the cradle plugs into is firmly clicked down but when I attatch the cradle it becomes loose?? When I click the phone in there is a slow response time it eventually comes up.

Making Call issue:
With the Sony Ericsson k700i you can add a number of different numbers under each contact ie John Doe - Mobile - Home - Work etc... The display doesn't differentiate which number is which.

Intermittent problem when making calls --- I can't hear dialing, or the B-Party. The B-Party can hear me but I can't hear them - the Radio/Stereo Mutes -- but no sound complete silence. Happens sometimes.

Recieving Call issue:After making an outgoing call and finishing that call the car kit/phone seems to fail to respond to any incoming calls for about 15 mins. It just goes straight to my msgbk and the phone doesn't even register that I have had a call. Or I get the phone ringing but the CLI doesn't appear just the number and there is no response to the answer button on the steering wheel or centre console --- the phone rings out.

The phone also appears to turn itself off in the car kit -- it powercycles and prompts me for my sim pin every so often. The strange thing is the phone doesn't appear to be asking for the pin --- or it by passes this automatically. I've since disabled the sim pin lock request but still getting the other problems.

Outside the car kit the phone is completely functional -- I'm rather disappointed because I purchased the phone on advice provided by the Mercedes Dealership - as this was listed as a "compatible" phone. I guess I'll find out whether it's a "supported" phone soon enough.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: C180 2005 Car Kit - Sony Ericsson K700i

the problem may vary from tel interface, bracket or loose connector inside the armrest.

since it's a new car, taking it back to the dealer for repair is not a problem. (warranty)

Old 08-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Default RE: C180 2005 Car Kit - Sony Ericsson K700i

I took the car back in for some checks. Nothing wrong with the car kit's circuitry but there was a problem with the cradle just being a bit loose. The problem really was the sony ericsson phone. Apparently it's a rather problematic phone and they've had a few problems with it and the various software versions floating around. I ended up returning the phone as I had purchased it in the last week specifically for use in the car. I have now got a Nokia 6230i -- and it works marvelously!

Cheers