Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C series turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 06:42 AM
Default C series turbo help

Um im after any info/sites people can give me on going forced induction on a c280.
The main part i need help with is a computer/ecu to run it.
I was thinking piggyback ecu system but they dont really cut it-
so if anyone knows anybody i can contact to steer me in the right direction itl be appreciated.
cheer

Old 01-31-2005, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: C series turbo help

you want to adjust the ECU so it can increase the horsepower?

well, you may increase the injection time but how about the equal amount of air?

Old 02-01-2005, 02:37 AM

Im confused by your reply?
The turbo will add the needed air. but i will need either a stand alone or piggy-back ecu to control either extra injectors or larger replacement injectors, and will need to add an o2 exaust sensor.
also the ignition timing will need to be retarded. I think the standard electronic fuel pump will be sufficient if in doubt i will raise the fuel pressure. but will run standard internals on about 6-7 psi (.5 bar). and most probeberly a twin turbo setup.
I hope that cleared things up if my first post was a bit hazzy? or i may not understand ur reply?

Old 02-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

by disconnecting the vacuum from the fuel pressure regulator can increase the pressure by more than 0.5 which you needed.

then you can enrich the injection time by 3rd stage (maximum).... maybe that wil come up to 3.8 miliseconds.

of course turbo will add more air if you can change the pulley to smaller diameter. that might change the ratio.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:41 AM

Change what pulley? My car is not supercharged. it is a 1994 c280
your thinking along the same line as me with the fuel pressure regulator.
Random question. under the hood on the passangers side where the engine ecu is there is a round *** which you can lift and turn it has 1-8 around the *** and its on 3 at the moment. what does this change?

Old 02-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

The turbo will add the needed air
i thought you mean the turbo.

the **** for MAS?

Old 02-02-2005, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: C280

Change what pulley? My car is not supercharged. it is a 1994 c280
your thinking along the same line as me with the fuel pressure regulator.
Random question. under the hood on the passangers side where the engine ecu is there is a round *** which you can lift and turn it has 1-8 around the *** and its on 3 at the moment. what does this change?
hmmmmm i have a 94c280 as well and i havent noticed this on my car...well i havent looked either, but i will now! id like to know if there are any turbo/super charger kits available for these cars as well!

Old 02-03-2005, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

nope.

only C200 and C230 got the kompressor.

not easy to install on 112 engine because it is V.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:39 AM

my engine is a straight six.
and they do sell turbo kits for my car, but they want 12,000 nzd$ for it and thats what i payed for my whole car!
i asked them if they will sell the engine ecu seperatly and they said no. and i asked what / who makes their ecu / what is it based around and they wouldnt tell me. the turbo kit for sale as i just mentioned boosts my cars power from 195 hp to 285 hp at only 6 psi on standard internals, and thats not intercooled!!!
the **** that u talk about says hfmms on the top. what is the mas?
if i could post a pic up i would so u can see. il work on finding out how.
and the site with the turbo kit is
http://www.tdi-plc.com/MercCclass.html
Oh i just uploaded these pics. there off my phone so the quality isnt the highest.
this is of the "mysterious" ****

[IMG]local://upfiles/4225/4F5CE36756E14242AAF5C84183F46B4D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

now i get it. 104 engine.

your car is 202.028 and engine 104.941

then it must be the resistance trimming plug. it affects the ignition and fuel parameter of the engine. on ignition, it will retard/advance while on fuel: the injection, base injection quantity, post-start enrichment, warming-up enrichment, acceleration enrichment.

sometimes we can eliminate some complaints by just changing the resistance. i can send you the corresponding data if you need.

that Piggy-back' ECU upgrade got only 7 wires attached to it which means that it only alters the ignition and fuel injection time. if done on the right timing, it will retard during acceleration and advance on high speed. this will give you the power feeling which indeed it was. excellent idea. there will be no knocking and improve fuel economy on high speed but worst on the starting up.

the turbo kit is good. i hope it won't break the timing chain soon. the stage 2 is good enough.

i will research and post more about that piggyback system. i will give you the diagram as to where they will attach those wires with my best wild guess.

Quick Reply: C series turbo help