Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Buying a c230k

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Default Buying a c230k

Hey Im just now buying a c230k 2002. Its a automatic. what are things that I have to look for. I dont want to buy something then have a problem with it 20k later. The owner told me that he just had it surviced and it was expensive. they replaced brakes and dids some work on the moonroof. I have drivin the car I love how it handles and I just really like it. can any one tell me if there are more important things to look for. I dont care bout paint damage cause it has some. Its parked in nyc all the time on the street. I also drive cars hard will it be able to handle fast exceleration at any given time.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Default RE: Buying a c230k

How fast of acceleration are you wanting? It can handle the acceleration, but it is only about 7.5 or so 0-60 with the auto tranny. It also adapts to your driving, so it'll tend to shift quicker if you drive hard. (Thus when you first get it if the person before you mostly drove in traffic, little acceleration, it may be a little while before it will react as you like) Use the tiptronic - it's fun! I drive mine decently high speed regularly, and it has not had any problems whatsoever. If you don't have it already, and feel comfortable with a manual tranny, get one with manual. It'll accelerate more quickly and gives more power. (I wish I had gotten a manual, but it's still a Benz so I'm happy anyway )

Issues are typically premature wear in the tires and brake pads and some electronic stuff. For example, the locks sometimes have messed up. Mine stopped working correctly a while back, but it was a quick and easy fix. (Free too because it was under warranty - so I don't know how much it would be).

Old 02-02-2007, 02:42 AM

thanks for the help. The only thing is that I think that its not under any warenty what so ever. So thats going to come straight out of my pocket. Do you recomend leave the car stock and dont mondifiy anything.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:37 AM

I wouldn't say there is really any really good reason why you shouldn't mod it, but if you do, do it right. However, I don't think that, in any car, a modded car holds its value as well as a stock due to reliability, etc. I'm not modding my car at all, but that's because I intend to sell it within 4 years or so and get a BMW ///M3 and I don't see the point in modding it for the extra HP. (You'd have to spend a decent sum to get it as fast as an M3 or comparable car - if it's even possible lol. (Not a ton of room in the engine bay...) Plus the '08 M3 is supposed to be a Twin Turbo'd V8

Basically, I recommend leaving it stock unless you REALLY like the way the car looks and REALLY want the speed. If you care a ton about speed, and don't absolutely LOVE the car, get a faster car. (It's pretty fast for a normal driver, but for some I know it wouldn't seem adequate. 0-60 in 7.2ish vs. 0-60 in 5.5ish in a car that costs comparably - Honda S2000)