Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Bluetooth Pairing

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Default Bluetooth Pairing

Hi all -

Couple of issue if any of the experts can help with please.

New Car 6 weeks old with comand etc.

I noticed last week that the satnav option for entering postcodes via voice or text had disappeared. I tried a reset of the system from the display option - no difference. I set the basic system back up - selected Great Britain as the country; but when I try to enter a postcode - the voice tells me that postcodes are not accepted from this country. It worked ok from new.

Also

Having lost the settings after the reset. It wiped my bluetooth blackberry pairing. How I ever managed to get it connected in the first place is odd. The Blackberry phone is my company phone and has the "find me" option user disabled. On my other cars that have had bluetooth; i could put the car bluetooth into "discovery mode" and the Blackberry had no problem in finding it and setting up. Is there any way that i can put the Merc into "discoverable mode" so that my blackberry can find it and pair. As it stands at the moment - the system requires the Merc to discover the blackberry which wont work for me.

Cheers
Martin

Old 09-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Sorted one part of the problem.

I got the Bluetooth to work with my Blackberry by setting it up using the "external authority" option. This is only is availble after a reset and no other devices are already available.

For example - I paired my iphone which worked great - but the option above was not then available. Had to do it in a certain order leaving the iphone until last as it did not need to be paired using the authoruty option.

Martin