Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
54.17%
no
16.67%
maybe
29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

is anybody planning on modding or doing someting to their car this summer

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Default RE: is anybody planning on modding or doing someting to their car this summer

My C240 is bone stock...I was planning on springing for the Xenon headlights. i for sure want to add tint and rims and a K&N.

Unfortunately, just found out we're expecting child #2 which has resulted in the Benz being posted up for sale. If I don't sell, I might sell my truck and replace with the SUV and take over the wife's C240. in this case...i'll be craving the higher HP mods!

Old 04-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Default RE: is anybody planning on modding or doing someting to their car this summer

BoominBenz what kind of rims do you have on your ride and how much did you get it for.
My wheels are DVS 793 (aka DVS Crystal). They are replicas of the Lorinser D93 I bought them throught the club202.com classifieds for $600. Not sure how much they go for new. Try searching on google.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: jnolte

looks like my grandmas eclass
Sounds like your grandmother has some good taste
Everyone has their own interpretation of what modifying a car is.
What most of you are talking about is "swapping" parts.
If I would want flashy I would buy a flashy car[:'(]

Old 04-20-2006, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead

ORIGINAL: jnolte

looks like my grandmas eclass
Sounds like your grandmother has some good taste
Everyone has their own interpretation of what modifying a car is.
What most of you are talking about is "swapping" parts.
If I would want flashy I would buy a flashy car[:'(]
I know I'm in the minority, but I agree with Shovelhead (guess I just put you in the minority too, Sovelhead)
IMHO, most exterior mods take away from the class an MB has right out of the box. Exception is if you use MB or MB like options,
such as S600 grille, clear corners. Again, just my subjective opinion.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 PM

My reason for owning a Mercedes is a simple one. I spend a lot of my time in the car, and I need the car to be very comfortable, and dependable, but I also want it to hold its value over time.I get a "certified" Mercedes on the average of every 2 years because I rack up the miles very quickly. Buying brand new or leasing does not make any sense dollar wise.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:55 AM

I get a "certified" Mercedes on the average of every 2 years
Yea, I know, I'm getting way OFF TOPIC here.[X(]
Why every two years? Better resale than after 4-6 years , but don't you still take a larger hit in depreciation by trading after only two years? Perhaps you just like to treat yourself to newer models with the expectation of better reliability?

At any rate, I agree with the comfort factor and would add to that saftey. I heard somewhere that many people now spend up to
16 2/3 % of their lives in cars. When I compare the difference in comfort and consequential relaxation of driving my Mercedes versus say my Ford Focus, there is no question in my mind which car I take to work each day. Oh, yea, I get great gas milege too. The small 2.8 V6 of my C-Class gets 22.5mpg around town and 29-30 Hwy. Those are real world numbers. (Yea, the Focus does a bit better and takes regular gas, but for a difference of about $120/annually, the Merc. is still the easy choice)

Old 04-26-2006, 01:18 AM

Definately tint... maybe change out the side blinkers w211 and the tail lights to the new s class look... .. new brakes pads/rotors/sensor probably have to come at the end of this summer...

Old 04-27-2006, 06:51 PM

I think I'll get a Stealth Coating and Laser Jammer for my 2003 SL. Probably get it from http://www.eurojammer.com

Vroom Vroom!!

Old 04-30-2006, 01:18 AM

I'm rebuild all 4 door panels, fiberglassing my whole trunk, and I just lowered the c230 kompressor a couple of days ago about 2.625 inches sittin on 19 inch foose wheels no scrubbing

Old 04-30-2006, 01:19 AM

phat

[IMG]local://upfiles/3728/88D098C70DC44207B1ACA0E74F47C46D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: is anybody planning on modding or doing someting to their car this summer