Mercedes Benz Forum Help & Suggestion Center Have a suggestion to better Mercedes Forum? Need help with a feature on Mercedes Forum? Post here.

First Mercedes GLC 300. 4MATIC -Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 09:15 PM
Default First Mercedes GLC 300. 4MATIC -Question

We have a small dog that goes with us. We have previously left our other vehicle running with this heat, so she will be ok. We may have to restart after 30 minutes...
With this vehicle can it idle for 30 minutes or so while parked. I can't find this answer anywhere. Thank you for your trouble

Old 07-07-2022, 04:08 PM
Thumbs down This is not a good idea.

Check your owner's manual. It will specifically say to not let the vehicle idle longer than XX minutes. It's probably in the first 20 pages or so.

I remember one of my older GM cars it said no longer than 15 minutes idling. Didn't say why, but likely has to do with the health of the engine and/or overheating. Can't really cool down if it's not moving.

I would strongly discourage anyone from leaving their pet or child in the car during summer, vehicle running A/C or not. It's easy to be complacent and say "It's a new vehicle" or "its a Mercedes" and think it'll be fine. /Begin nightmare scenario when you walk outside and strangely find your car not running and don't know why. Or find for the first time that you accidently left your key in the car and now it's locked.

"But I've been leaving my car running and the A/C blowing for years and nothing has ever happened!" And people play Russian Roulette and live to tell the tale. That doesn't make it reasonable to continue doing.

Be more responsible with the lives of your pets, don't bring them if you're just going to leave them in the car. Sounds like you're better off leaving them at home.