Mercedes Benz Forum Help & Suggestion Center Have a suggestion to better Mercedes Forum? Need help with a feature on Mercedes Forum? Post here.

Clk help mods!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Smile Clk help mods!

Hey guys how's it going? I bought over the summer my first car, a clk 350, and I would like to get into modding it. I have strip led lights installed on the front and tinted my windows so far, I am going to do a quad exhaust with a new muffler soon, however I am struggling to to find any good answer for a rear diffuser, since my car doesn't really have the shape for it built on the bumper. Also the rear diffuser are extremely expensive for the clk, compared to the c300 model of the w204 which some good ones cost only $150.

I was browsing through some and I found this one for a w204, do you think it would be too hard to mount this on to my w209 since it does not have the cut out? I am not going for ultimate perfection and fit but just for a rear diffuser to add a more aggressive look with the quad exhaust layout. Thanks in advance for the help guys!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-W2...Zam0c-&vxp=mtr

Old 03-05-2019, 02:41 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! I would not recommend trying to mount a W204 piece on your W209 car - it will cause you a lot of headaches and the fitment will be off even with modifications.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:14 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Hello and welcome to the forum! I would not recommend trying to mount a W204 piece on your W209 car - it will cause you a lot of headaches and the fitment will be off even with modifications.

Hello Thank you so much for the response! Thanks for the tip!! What do you think if I got the diffuser from a w211 since they share the same style almost? Thanks in advance!

Old 03-05-2019, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by trustmeimromanian
Hello Thank you so much for the response! Thanks for the tip!! What do you think if I got the diffuser from a w211 since they share the same style almost? Thanks in advance!
My honest opinion would be to only use pieces specifically made for your chassis. It's not worth saving a little money and having to modify a part only to have mediocre results. Since you have a nice car, it should look it as well. I would suggest just saving up money and modifying it one piece at a time (or whatever your budget allows for) - in the end you'll have a beautiful looking car that looks correct. It'll also be easier to sell down the line having correct pieces on there as well - if you decide to ever do so. Just my 2 cents...

Let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist with any future part needs.