Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

Considering a C32 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Default Considering a C32 AMG

Hey everyone!

I have been looking around for a couple months now trying to find a car I really like, so I was hoping to get some insight into this model, and just Mercedes itself.
The C32 AMG has all the options I want, I dont need anything ridiculous in terms of options/performance.
I wont be using it for anything more than just an everyday car, maybe a couple times a year I'll take it for a road trip, I'd probably use it no more than 20k miles a year. That said, I want something with some umph to it, plus looks great. I'm a young single guy so go figure.

I don't know anyone that owns one except one friend who's got an 80's diesel Merc with like 500k+ miles on it (!!) and he's still driving it and swears by it.

I'd like to have a car that is more on the rare side, I'm sick of every other car I see in my area being an Acura, american car, a damn SUV or pick up.

I'd like to know some basics like, what to typically expect as an owner? Anything to watch out for?
I know German cars are typically made well, atleast according to Top Gear, so I figure I can get quite a few miles out of it as long as I keep it maintained, unless I've been misled haha

How would it be in the winter / cold?

Budget I'd like to say 25k USD or so, it'll only be my second car ever, I currently own an older model Impreza which is like basic of basic in terms of options, so this will be quite an upgrade.

The other car I was considering is a G35 coupe because it's similar in features, price, and power.

I appreciate everyone's insight, or some info you can lead me to.
Thanks in advance!