Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

2006 C55 dash errors, then dead

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 08:25 PM
Default 2006 C55 dash errors, then dead

Hey guys,

2006 C55 AMG...so it has an almost-new battery (Walmart crap, but only a few months old nonetheless), and a couple weeks ago, it started giving me an SRS error, dash light error/take to workshop, and some other error (forgot now), but it would crank up and run. However, the headlamps would come on and not respond to the light switch, and the steering wheel would not tilt or telescope, and the dash display kept featuring the same messages over and over, telling me to take it to the shop. It did this for a couple days, so I did not drive it anywhere, but now when I insert the key, the car is completely dead. No dash lights, no "handshake" with the key to allow me to turn it to the first/accessory position, nor the second/crank. No lights in the interior anymore, the same as if the battery was disconnected, completely dead. I did not have a chance to check codes before it went completely dead, and I made sure the battery is fully charged (it currently has a trickle charger on it to ensure it doesn't die too). I need help figuring out where to start. Since there is no power, I cannot check codes or hook up a diagnostic tool to it. I am wondering if a front or rear SAM unit might be dead as I have read that they can die sometimes, especially if they get wet. Could it be a dead fuse? I need some help to figure this one out guys. FYI, I ordered one of those fancy iCarsoft MBII diagnostic tools for M-B when the dash lights were acting up and before it totally died, but now that is useless too. :-(. Please help me.