Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

2003 E55 mods/upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Default RE: 2003 E55 mods/upgrades?

On 2003 E55, you cannot gain 40hp with ECU tuning alone. And no other major tuners flash via OBD2 port!

Old 04-09-2007, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: K1MOTORSPORT
On 2003 E55, you cannot gain 40hp with ECU tuning alone. And no other major tuners flash via OBD2 port!
You should know better.If you are representing those companiesyou have on your signature, you should know it is being done. ---- also over obd2 port as we are doing (and other big MB tuners withour flasher tool)

Old 04-09-2007, 06:48 PM

I do know better. For all ECU tuning, the customer needs to bring their car or mail the ECU to the tuner. The tuner then re-programs the ECU. And this process is not done through OBD2. Or else, you can't flash it if customer mails you the ECU, can you?

Old 04-10-2007, 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: K1MOTORSPORT

I do know better. For all ECU tuning, the customer needs to bring their car or mail the ECU to the tuner. The tuner then re-programs the ECU. And this process is not done through OBD2. Or else, you can't flash it if customer mails you the ECU, can you?
Agree, for ECU flashing you have to mail your ECU for them (tuner) to program it. BTW, do you happen to have dyno sheet of that 40 hp ECU flash increase you're talking about ?

Old 04-10-2007, 06:42 AM

I don't understand your problems andwhy youtry to set us into a bad light, since you obviously don't know anything about our tool.The clean fact is that it is flashable over OBD2 - end of that story.
The only thing needed bya tuner is to have the correct tool. I dohowever understand that lot's of tuners and dealers in USA don't have the correcttool, and that the customer then have to mail the ecu - but then again the tuner/dealer may flash over the connectors at the ecu, providing they have the correct tool.I understand one thing after this thread : Many US tuners/dealers need a flash tool that will take the tuning experience into a new level, and we are now trying to make them aware of our flash tool - which works with both our tuning files and the tuners own tuning files if wanted.
Link to our power charts is mentioned before in this thread.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: OptiCan

I don't understand your problems andwhy youtry to set us into a bad light, since you obviously don't know anything about our tool.The clean fact is that it is flashable over OBD2 - end of that story.
The only thing needed bya tuner is to have the correct tool. I dohowever understand that lot's of tuners and dealers in USA don't have the correcttool, and that the customer then have to mail the ecu - but then again the tuner/dealer may flash over the connectors at the ecu, providing they have the correct tool.I understand one thing after this thread : Many US tuners/dealers need a flash tool that will take the tuning experience into a new level, and we are now trying to make them aware of our flash tool - which works with both our tuning files and the tuners own tuning files if wanted.
Link to our power charts is mentioned before in this thread.
we're not setting you in a bad light...you're doing that with your claims of 40hp. as also mentioned before, your power charts mean nothing. anyone can design a chart and list whatever power they want. no tuner has EVER provided 40hp from software alone. you start showing some proven dyno runs of thos gains and i might believe you.

even if obd2 port flashing is possible, it would severely limit your ability to flash anyone that couldn't get the vehicle to you, unlike direct ecu flashing. i'm not sure how you think this is the next level of tuning as it seems to be a step backwards. good luck with your company...you're going to need it with claims like this.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:07 PM

I think this thread have gone completely out of line. I will therefore only give two comments more in this thread:
If you chiromikey, believe we are newbie’s in the tuning arena, think again. We have our third generation of flash tool in the market now, with customers all over the world - inclusive many (if not all) of main tuners in the world -also MB tuners. If you think we would get our business runningbyBSour customers, think also again.
Our numbers are correct and adequate - even modest in most circumstances. We have provided not only flash tool to world leading tuners, but also tuning software. I don't see the point in giving you any proof, since ultimately only our customers would need (and get) the proof when they have a tuned car. We have even German TÃœV certification that validates our work after ISO9000 standards. I'm done with this discussion with you chiromikey. Have a great week.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:33 PM

lol...just as i thought...NO PROOF.

sorry to come off as such a hard a*s, but i have to call bs when i see it. if anyone's software provided 40hp it would be all over the headlines, all the other major tuners would be scrambling to keep up, and i would have been a customer.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: chiromikey

lol...just as i thought...NO PROOF.

sorry to come off as such a hard a*s, but i have to call bs when i see it. if anyone's software provided 40hp it would be all over the headlines, all the other major tuners would be scrambling to keep up, and i would have been a customer.
Werd!