Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

02 CLK55 AMG drivers windows not aligned

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Default 02 CLK55 AMG drivers windows not aligned

New to the forum and this is my first posting (most likely not last). Ive gotten some good information from this site and now Im hoping someone will shed some light on my issue.

Ive got a 2002 CLK55 AMG Convt that I've had for a few years now. I barely drive it.. only 34k on it. I've noticed lately that the drivers side front and rear windows are not lining up when the top is down. The front window is clankin on the rear metal window strip when driving and when I close the door. Its done it so much, the paint is starting to rub away. I know on my Z the windows can be "reset" back to position. Does anyone know if my issue is w/ the height sensor (if thats what its called)? Im assuming that if ive had this issue, others have as well.

If theres a procedure, Id like to hear it! I always dred goin to mercedes. My last service was 4700 bucks (about 4 months after my last service, and coincidently 1 week after my warranty expired). I guess if you wanna drive like a Big Boy, you gotta spend like one as well.

Anyone? Thanks!

Old 04-15-2010, 07:46 PM

there are numerous window adjustments for up, down, in and out for the window adjustment. youll have to remove the door panel to access the adjustments. also the rear window commonly has a stop tab that breaks off then the window goes up to high....as a result the front window as it goes up tears the rubber seal on the rear window. those windows are tough to adjust. its a trial and error thing.