Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Talk about it here.

PRODUCTS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Default PRODUCTS?

any good products for a tan interior to take out stains (black stains,grease,etc) any help would be great thanks

Old 02-05-2006, 02:36 AM
Default RE: PRODUCTS?

My unusual choices are: Chem Dry Stain Extinguisher for carpet and head liner, Lincoln E-Z Cleaner for Leather, and Goop for all other surfaces.

Chem Dry is available @ Home Depot & Ace hardware, Lincolnd E-Z is available from shoe repair shops, and Goop (the hand cleaner) is sold everywhere. None of these have ever caused a 2ndary problem w/ staining or glue removal and all are inexpensive.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Default RE: PRODUCTS?

found a company, Colorplus.com. They sell the most amazing leather rrestoration productrs I have ever used in the 60 years (today is BD) I have inhabited this life. I was able to fix a tear, quite a large one in the leather with their product and some muslin material for back and leather glue Then their restorer. which they supply the proper color dye for your Mercedes. There leather conditioner, has made my 26 year old leather seats as soft as a baby's A_ _.on the 79 450SL. You can also use it on new leathe as well and once or twice a year max with keep soft and pliable and help stop the cracks the occur due to age. Amazing, I found them when I was going thrue some old article on our wonderful cars. Interestingly the article was 10 years old and the company is sitll in business. www.colorplus.com should get you there. Pricing is moderate, but well worh it IMHO opinion.

I posted this on the SL board, but after seeing the inquiry about cleaning and such I thought I would pass this on to the interior forum. As I said amazing and you won't be sorry you bought these procducts. One thing I recommend tell the women, who's name escapes me at the moment what you want to do, especially if you have a leather interior. She knows what you really need, take my word.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Default Cover scratches and dark spots on leather seats.

I have some weird small black spots and scratches on my tan Mercedes S430/2000 leather interior… What would anyone recommend to use. I am thinking about something like shoe cream to cover scratches and spots but I am not sure if there’s something like that available for car leather seats. Thank you.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Default RE: Cover scratches and dark spots on leather seats.

I just bought leatherique and am using it. Seems good. Highly regarded by many forums. I don't know how to compares to clorplus.com but it's a very solid contender. One of the few bvest, if not THE best.