Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Talk about it here.

Interior "Aroma"

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Default RE: Interior "Aroma"

Yeah, give us the brand name of that stuff.

I guess the perfume or "feminine scent" is okay, until you get out of the car and go in to work or the local auto parts store smelling like a lady. I won't use scented soaps for this very reason. I'm an unscented man.

How about biscuits? I love the smell of fresh-baked biscuits... and it's okay for both men and women to smell like biscuits.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:05 AM

biscuits or fresh bread, not bad. not sure if anyone else would buy them.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:11 PM

Most used car dealers use that "Nu Car Smell" product.

Old 10-03-2005, 11:12 PM

Ecoquest makes a very good air purifier. They will clean out any smell that you might have in your car. They make a small portable unit that you can use in your car. I have one in my house and you can't tell I have pets. Sharper Image makes a similar product but it sucks. To purchase go to www.ecoquest.com. Find a dealer in your area. They should let you try one before you buy it (if they are a good dealer). The only downfall is it doesn't smell like steak or any other dead animal being cooked.

Old 10-03-2005, 11:16 PM

Your link won't work with the period at the end.

Does it smell like a live animal being cooked?

Old 11-15-2005, 02:19 PM

honestly its f***** cheap but "outdoor breeze" from your local o'reilley's or circle k that looks like a tree
for only $0.99 smells incredibly nice..its a blue tree, flimsy but it smells like rain(thats a good thing)...
i recently took my c230 in for its 2nd service A and when i picked up the car the service dept. clerk
asked about it, then once he found out we just laughed(i place the little tree in over night and take it
out during the day incognito)hahaha....good luck![sm=shades.gif]

Old 11-15-2005, 02:48 PM

The ones that look like a pine tree (a Christmas tree)? I used to buy the red ones all the time. Spice, I think.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:01 AM

Stinky Insides, you need to absorbe the odor rather than try to find a cover-up for the odor. A very cheep odor absorbing solution is to fill a paper coffee filter 1/4 full of coffee grounds and seal it w/ duct tape. Tuck one or two of these coffee packs up under the front seets and they will not only nutralize the odor but also impart a fresh scent into the environment of your car. A few things to remember, 1) don't use used grounds, they will mold, and 2) don't place directly on the carpet, any moisture could cause them to bleed and leave you with a stain. 3) Don't leave them laying around forever, after 30 days they are pretty much worthless and the paper may deteriorate after a while.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Won't that leave a scent of "freshly made coffee" in the car?

Old 02-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

But I did find at one point find an odor neutralizer that got rid of any odd and or un wanted odors and put out a scent of vanilla. I only used these because the previous interior scent from the previous owner was one that I didn't care for, not that it stink it just was one that I just didn't want.

Quick Reply: Interior "Aroma"