General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

WIS PROBLEM....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Default WIS PROBLEM....

Hi all!

I have a huge problem with my wis version. At installation (i'am installing it from: wis\wisinst\setup) it gives me an error: TCP/IP service database corrupt. I can not install the wis after this message, however I can ignore it, and than the wisinst somehow manages to put the pm on my computer, and than quits. If i hit retry at the error window, nothing happens, and if I hit abort, the program quits.

I know that my wis version is wroking properly, since i've been using this for a half year now.
I had the same kind of error message a few days ago, when i tried to open the wis. It said something about not being able to communicate with the server, and that i should go and talk to the admin. I thought its the usuall problem with the serial no., so i tried to launch the PM, but that didnt start neither. Than i tried to uninstall my WIS in order to reinstall it, but i couldnt. So i manually deleted all the files of the wis, and than used a registry cleaner, to clean up the mess i might have left after "selft-uninstalling" the wis. Now my system is completely "WISless" I've ran several registry cleaner programs, and neither of those could find any problems.

So i thought its time to reinstall... but it stucks cause of the TCP/IP service database corrupt error. (I made a copy of my wis dvd-s, they are on my harddrive too, and it gives me the same error when I try to launch the wisinst from my harddrive. So i guess the dvd is still ok.)

Please if anyone knows what is the remedy for this, dont hesitate to share it with me... I have a 87' W124 300 TD so the WIS is really needed.
Thanks

Old 03-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Default RE: WIS PROBLEM....

Now it is necessary to putWISnet!!
It is steadier program!!
Works on platformJavaand has no such failures as oldWIS!!
If the instruction on installation is necessary to you and that I can send license keys to you!!
Email: vevika@yandex.ru
Yours faithfullyMasterW220
Russia!