General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

wis/asra installation problem, need help pls

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Default wis/asra installation problem, need help pls

I am having problems with the mercedes wis installation and could use some help from you pros. installation of everything went fine but when I get to the part in the instructions saying I need to install a license to make it work, 1st step says go to PM, click on PM shortcut, so far ok, box opens for name and password, I enter ADMIN in both and select weiter, ok, next window says to select 1st square on toolbar, ok, PMADM icon appears, I double click it and I don't get the next window. Any help would be great. Windows xp home, service pack2, wis/asra version g.07.03 Thanks

Old 03-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: wis/asra installation problem, need help pls

you don't get this window?

[IMG]local://upfiles/1/A1EE31515104478D84BFF2F9F8A5321B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2006, 06:24 PM

If you need it i have registry patches and crack / key gen for instalation code-installed on different machines with no problem except the EPC which i finally managed to install along with wis.
regard
david (uk)

Old 04-10-2006, 06:06 PM

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem as thomasebud. I've reinstalled WIS 6 times now, even going so far as to uninstall my Norton Systemworks and clean my hard drive to avoid any possible conflicts. Everything goes fine until I try to get the window mentioned by sleepwalker which would allow me to enter the license key, then I hit a brick wall. Is there a solution to this problem? Is the "registry patch and crack/key gen" mentioned by merccdi something I need? (I have been able to get my LAN and license number, I just need to access the window to enter them.) So far I've put over 100 hours into this and would really appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

maybe you have a built-in LAN adapter. better get a separate one.

it depends on computer configurations.

some can have wiring diagram for W140 models, and some cannot.

ALWAYS INSTALL WIS FIRST BEFORE EPC!

Old 04-11-2006, 06:30 PM

I am only trying to install WIS. I don't yet have the EPC and probably won't be getting it given the lack of success I'm having here so far. As for the "built-in LAN adapter," I do have the Intel one I'm using to access my DSL service. As instructed by the WIS installation instructions and the installation guide cd that came with my two WIC dvds, I also installed a loopback adapter which my computer indicates is "connected". (My computer is a Dell 4550 with XP operating system.) Would the loopback adapter serve as a separate LAN adapter or do I need something additional?

Old 04-12-2006, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

it's seems impossible that you cannot install it after formatting the hard drive and installing service pack2.

do not use the setup.exe from wisinst folder.

use the setup from d2kinst. halfway it will ask for the license key and no need to go to the program manager to input the license key.

i install WIS many time but never had any problem with it.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:31 AM

I tried your suggestion by using d2kinst instead of wisinst. It appeared to install exactly the same and had the same results. HOWEVER, I did this without uninstalling the old files. I have now uninstalled everything and used the End It All program and search to find and eliminate any remaining files. I then emptied my recycle bin and went into Norton Utilities to clean my hard disk. Everything should be pristine when I try downloading WIS again tomorrow morning. There is another person on this list (thomasebud) who is having problems absolutely identical to mine and has been working on this even longer. If I can sort this out we'll both be happy. Thanks for the suggestion.
Earl

Old 04-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

if it ask you to install "client server", select "no".

use hard disk cache.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:07 PM

I did exactly as you said and was finally able to enter the license key. I then proceeded to complete almost all of the installation of "Wislite" (Not quite sure what that is.) Problem again came near the end. This time it was when I was asked to enter a language, list its priority and select hours and miles. When I pushed "sprachenwahl" (sp?), the screen that came up did not give me an opportunity to select ANY language. Where the languages were supposed to be displayed it was completely blank. (Given that PM was apparently not installed I couldn't go back there to select a language either.) In fact nothing seemed to be functioning on those last screens except "zuruck" which I could push to go back. "Hilfe" was darkened but it didn't get me any help, even in German. FWIW I was disconnected from the internet during all of the installation. Could that be a problem?

Quick Reply: wis/asra installation problem, need help pls