General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

W211 270E CDI Air con blowing hot air

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 08:38 AM
Question W211 270E CDI Air con blowing hot air

Hi,

I made a post of this before but it didn't appear anywhere so here it goes again. My air con switches to blowing hot air sometimes. This happens sometimes on the passenger side or back seat, or sometimes all vents. Another problem, (I'm hoping is related to this) is sometimes the air stops coming out of the vents. I can hear the air blowing inside the car but it's not coming out the vents.

I have had the air con re-gassed, I've had the main battery and second battery changed. I've also had the car connected to a diagnostic unit, and my mechanic found nothing wrong.

I've taken it to several places but since the fault happens only intermittently, they are reluctant to spend time looking for the fault and none of them have ever heard of this problem. I'm hoping somebody here can recommend a series of tests or even better, simply tell me what is the likely cause of the problem so I can take it to a mechanic and tell him to check or replace the part.

Tx in advance.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:17 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! If you're getting hot air from your air conditioner, it sounds like there may be an issue with the blower motor. I'm attaching a link to our site's DIY tech articles on the W211 platform. We have several articles on the blower motor under the Electrical section. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps and best of luck!

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...Index-W211.htm