General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Revolutions unstable

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Default Revolutions unstable

Today took apart throttle valve actuator (just to clean it)
And gosh…. I've noticed that thermal resistor (the one that installed after compressor) is disconnected and plug is shorted by 2kOhm resistor. It means I was driving f***ing bomb on wheels! =(
Some ****** overrided the safety feature and compressor would never shutoff. The worst part is that my car has an intercooler pump failed and some idiot just bypassed the shutoff circuit. Lucky me, I found it before my engine blew off. Before that I did feel the power lost but compressor wold never shutoff.
Connected it back, assembled throttle valve actuator. While disassembly hose that attached to throttle valve actuator (I guess a vacuum) was a little bit damaged, so I attached it using RTV.
But after some driving I noticed some unpleasant symptoms:
If I start the car and wait for about half a minute then revolutions go down to idle 600-800rpm the engine would run perfect and will follow the throttle instantly and will drop the revs. as soon as I release it.
But, if start the engine and touch the throttle without waiting the revs go to idle the car would go crazy. It may hang at around 3K rpm or start jumping 3-4k and never go down till I kill the ignition.
Any ideas?
WDBRF65J42F190412