General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Replaced Battery - Trunk wont open

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Default Replaced Battery - Trunk wont open

I have a 2002 CLK 320 Convertible. Several days ago I replaced the original battery (I am the cars second owner). Everything went great until I closed the trunk and heard a noise that sounded like the entire cars locking system had been activated. Now, I have no access to the trunk. I have tried to gain access via the trunk unlock pad on the key that starts the vehicle (master key), on the trunk unlock switch located on the console next to the shift lever, on the central locking switch located on the front dash as well as using the small metal key, that is part the master key, to gain manual access to the trunk. Nothing works!! Is there some type of propriatary/special process that needs to take place? In addition, the radio no longer works and asks for a code. I played around with it a little and found that it requires some type of casette tape to be inserted, which I am assuming has this code information. As the second owner, I never received this. This is the first and last time I will ever try and work on the vehicle. I was trying to save a few bucks but it looks like I will end up spending more than if I originally took it to the dealer..

Old 08-26-2008, 04:35 AM
Default RE: Replaced Battery - Trunk wont open

it is happen when you replace the battery, never like this before? something wrong with system. try disconnect the battery first after than reconnect.