Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLK230 comp -trunk wont open,no battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Default CLK230 comp -trunk wont open,no battery

Morning/Evening gents, new to the site thanks to try advise
I removed the battery from the trunk to use it to jumpstart another vehicle, and by mistake closed the trunk while battery was out!!!!

The blade key only seems to go in 1/2 way and wont release the locking mechanisim.

What can I do?
Is there a way to repower the car from i.e. the lighter socked as i read on someones suggestion, or can you power the car from the hood motor compartment I know u can do this on a BMW? not sure if the merc has jumper terminals in the motor compartment?

Im a nit I know thanks for any suggestions LOL>

Old 09-16-2010, 09:14 AM

You should be able to find + jumper terminal in engine compartment. Should be protected with red plastic cover with sign "+ battery terminal" or so.

Trunk lock is not mechanical but electrical and turnning it in horizontal position will just disable mechanizam to be opened by remote or inside trunk release button.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by ontmiss
You should be able to find + jumper terminal in engine compartment. Should be protected with red plastic cover with sign "+ battery terminal" or so.

Trunk lock is not mechanical but electrical and turnning it in horizontal position will just disable mechanizam to be opened by remote or inside trunk release button.
Thank you very much will give it a go , my only concerne is that I'm not sure if the battery terminal I disconnected from the battrey in the trunk is now lying on the body, I dont want to short the car out and blow the computer in the process. Its a 50/ 50 gamble i dont short the vehicle when powering it up from the hood... I will keep u posted cheers

Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 AM

Ok guy's thanks for the suggestions. What we ended up doing might help anyone else out the dwang , decided not to take the chance of powering up from the hood terminal.
We took out the first aid box on the parcel shelf, dismantle the box completely take the ball out one screw, and you see 2 cables underneath for the seat release mechanisim, put a vice grip to one cable twisted and pulled , it worked and released one seat. Then had to climb into the trunk to attach a battery. It turns out that the lock for the boot had been previously changed and was not keyed correctly hence the blade key would never work - I curse the SOB who did this may your fingers turn to fish hooks and a thousand flease infest your nether regions.
thanks and see you all later for the next drama episode.