General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

REAL BIG PROBLEM... CLS 350 (from italy)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Default REAL BIG PROBLEM... CLS 350 (from italy)

It's the second post that I write about this "little" problem.. well.. I think that it's also right put in this section.. if it's wrong delete it.. and sorry..

Well.. I've got a my2005 CLS 350.. and now.. sometimes has got some problems: the first that I've found is that.. the 7-G tronic changes the speeds in an automatic way but without the possibility of the manual change of the speeds.. and it was not possibile also to change the C or S modality..

Wendsay gave me the ABS.. ESP.. errors.. and also the 7G tronic.. doesen't change the speeds (I think that starts and remains in II gear) and when I put the CLS in Drive mode there's a shake..

After a little stop all worked perfectly.. but today (after that i put the null gear while I was going at 20kmh.. and after few seconds i put the Drive gear...) the problem is still present.. and I tried to stop.. to turn off the car.. waitnig.. etc etc.. but nothing happens... the ESP/ABS problems are still here....and tomorrow I'll have to came back to milan (550 km from here.) .. and I'm a bit worried...

It's a know problem? there's someting to reset? ther's a way to reset the errors without the vag and without detaching the battery?

Thanks a lot.. and please help me..

Old 06-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Default RE: REAL BIG PROBLEM... CLS 350 (from italy)

Quote"....and I tried to stop.. to turn off the car.. waitnig.. etc etc.. but nothing happens."

The engine woiuldn't turn off or the brakes didn't appear to work?

Either way these are significant issues and I suggest your best course of action is to get the vehicle checked using STAR diagnostics.

If you are away from home with no dealer in the area etc. then disconnect the battery and leave disconnected for 10 mins. Reconnect ensuring the batterty terminals are secure and clean.

This will reset several computers and MAY resolve the problem saving you time and money.

However I suggest you get the car STAR checked and get a WRITTEN STAR report that you may wish to share on this forum before agreeing to (potentially expensive) work being completed by the dealer.