General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Need help with 2006 E350 - Please do reply - Thanks a lot!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Default Need help with 2006 E350 - Please do reply - Thanks a lot!

Folks:

I have just bought a 2006 E350 Sedan (Base) and need to replace front brake pads and front rotors. My dealer has informed me that it will cost $650 dollars. I am however thinking to order these parts online and then get the work done at MIDAS.

I also need to do brake fluid replacement, transmission service, fuel injector service and coolent flush and am thinking to get all of it done at MIDAS as well as it will cost me 50% of dealer’s cost.

I have 3 questions:

1)Can anyone advice me about my strategy of getting this trype of work done at MIDAS? Is it too dangerous?

2) Plus what would the best frond brake pads and rotors for my car. My research indicated that EBC Front Brake Pad Set - Greenstuff 2000 – Organic are pretty nice pads available online for 100 dollars. For rotors, I found that Brembo Front Brake Disc are nice available online for 100 dollars each.

3) Also, which online Mercedes benz parts store has the best reputation/ Any advice?

Experienced members, please guide this new member. Thanks a lot.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 AM

no reply!!...

Old 06-25-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by honest_world83
Folks:

I have just bought a 2006 E350 Sedan (Base) and need to replace front brake pads and front rotors. My dealer has informed me that it will cost $650 dollars. I am however thinking to order these parts online and then get the work done at MIDAS.

I also need to do brake fluid replacement, transmission service, fuel injector service and coolent flush and am thinking to get all of it done at MIDAS as well as it will cost me 50% of dealer’s cost.

I have 3 questions:

1)Can anyone advice me about my strategy of getting this trype of work done at MIDAS? Is it too dangerous?

2) Plus what would the best frond brake pads and rotors for my car. My research indicated that EBC Front Brake Pad Set - Greenstuff 2000 – Organic are pretty nice pads available online for 100 dollars. For rotors, I found that Brembo Front Brake Disc are nice available online for 100 dollars each.

3) Also, which online Mercedes benz parts store has the best reputation/ Any advice?

Experienced members, please guide this new member. Thanks a lot.
Never goto a dealer unless its for warrenty work. Brembo rotors are overkill for a stock car and are expensive. Any kind of organic pads will create lots of brake dust so a good ceramic pad would be cleaner. I don't know anything about midas so i can't comment on them.