General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Need CD Changer Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Default Need CD Changer Info

I have a 2006 SL500.

My CD Changer has been a problem for quite awhile. For the second time it has a CD stuck in the half way position so I get an error message saying the changer is unavailable.. Because of it I want to buy a new or used CD Changer. However, I'm concerned about whether or not it's as easy as installing it and playing it or does it require special steps like programing, etc to activate it. Can anyone tell me if there are any special steps that have to be taken after the new cd changer is installed in order to have it run properly?

Thanks

Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Bump.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by hooperdoski
I have a 2006 SL500.

My CD Changer has been a problem for quite awhile. For the second time it has a CD stuck in the half way position so I get an error message saying the changer is unavailable.. Because of it I want to buy a new or used CD Changer. However, I'm concerned about whether or not it's as easy as installing it and playing it or does it require special steps like programing, etc to activate it. Can anyone tell me if there are any special steps that have to be taken after the new cd changer is installed in order to have it run properly?

Thanks
I can tell you that the cd changer is pretty dificult to remove. if youre talking about the one behind the driver seat..the whole rear area basically needs to come apart you can get to the changer but it just never seems to want to come out. its pretty involved...its not tlike the older cars where it can just slide out.
you can usually bang on the cd magazine itself fairly hard and at some point the disk usually will pop into place.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:43 PM

I've taken the CD changer out before and it is the one behind the driver's seat. While it is labor intensive it wasn't that bad getting it out.

I have tried banging on the changer several times, but with no success.

Thanks.

Last edited by hooperdoski; 08-09-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Added Sentence