General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

NaviPlus

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Default NaviPlus

I own an 04 SL500 and have yet to post any threads or repsonses till now. I will continue to write and ask questions and perhaps answer a few as time goes by.
One of the reasons for this post is to warn all members of a merchant located in Brooklyn, NY called NaviPlus. They sell and offer unique navigation unit upgrades for our vehicles and have had several run ins on other sites I frequent. From broken units to non existent customer service, I warn all to stay away from these theives. I personally did not deal with them but have watched carefully how they have submitted responses to threads on other forums with jaw dropping acuasations against forum members that would make one cringe. Just be careful who you purchase products from by either asking fellow member and / or doing a bit of research first. These forums have become such an incredible tool to all that browse them. Please feel free to PM me should you want further details on this.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Default RE: NaviPlus

Thanks for the update. Personally I won't have a Nav system, especially if it is GPS type. To much Big Brother for me. A DVD bas Nav would be OK.

I don't doubt what you say, as their are a lot of scam artist out there selling this knock off Nav Systems.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:19 PM

Why would you unconditionally believe someone who just bops in here and says a bunch of nasty things about a business without any evidence whatsoever? Not one bit.

What's your big brother hangup with GPS? I don't understand. I have heard such statements before, though. Crimminy, if your car has factory GPS and you don't want to be tracked (being tracked is a conspiracy theory), unplug the friggin' GPS antenna. If you're too dumb to find the antenna plug, stick some aluminum tape over the antenna and it will be disabled. So that you can sleep at night, you should know that GPS antennas can't be hidden. They must be open to the sky to work. Anything but glass will block satellite reception.

Old 06-15-2005, 09:03 PM

GPS are instruments that COULD be used to invade ones privacy. End of statement and I hope conversation.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:40 AM

Don't be a moron, again. You are absolutely dead wrong about GPS units.

You are obviously confusing GPS with something you saw on a Batman or Dick Tracy episode. At the very least, you are confusing a GPS unit with a factory offering that integrates a cell phone with a GPS unit.

GPS units do not transmit any data, such as your location. They only receive data from GPS satellites for your unit's use.

There is a common misconception that the GPS System is somehow a communication system that allows your personal unit to tell "big brother" where you are. That's total crap. They simply can't do that. You are a paranoid conspiracy theorist if you believe that. They can't be used to invade your privacy.

Now we can end the conversation, unless you want me to explain to you how the integrated cell phone plays a role in your confused theory.

Old 06-16-2005, 01:16 PM

I am never wrong, I went to college.

I have a friend (believe it or not) who's son is a security chief for a local supermarket chain. He travels most of Mass and part of Rhode Island. He carriers a GPS so the company knows where he is all the time. So don't give me that no Big Brother hogwash. The Truth Is Out There, you haven't seen it yet! I am not confused, just Bi Polar 2

Old 06-16-2005, 02:34 PM

College did little for your intelligence. I'd ask for my money back if I were you.

As usual, you are full of poo and spreading misinformation, again. Both you and your friend do not understand GPS. The reason your friend's son's company knows where he's at is because there's a microprocessor interpreting the GPS data and calling his boss on a cell phone. As I distinctly said (I didn't stutter) GPS units cannot transmit anything. The GPS unit is not a cell phone or a transmitter.

If you got a GPS unit, why the Hell would you get a cell phone connected to it that calls the subjects of your conspiracy theories, whoever they are, to tell them where you're at? As I said, ask for your money back.

Old 06-17-2005, 06:29 PM

Lugnut, all I have to say is you better get on Lithium or some other psychotic drug quickly or if your on one now have the dosage adjusted.

Also, my cell phone is not connected to the GPS. The phone has it own GPS built in and I keep the GPS turned off.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:15 PM

What a 'tard.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:11 PM

Is 'tard short for retard, No I am Bipolar, not at retard!