General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

ML Zenon Headlights - How can I get the non zenon high beams to come on?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Default ML Zenon Headlights - How can I get the non zenon high beams to come on?

Here's one for you electronics guys...
I have an 02 ml320 sport with the factory zenon headlights. When you turn on the high beams, it seems like the projector zenons simply readjust their cutoff of the beam of light to a higher point. The high beams are very bright, but I would like to know how to get the non zenon "high beam" bulb to also light up, much like a driving light. The only time that this non zenon high beam bulb lights is during "flash to pass" (when the blinker arm is pulled toward the driver). I believe that this is necessary due to the "rise time" of the zenon bulb (ie the zenon would not light up fast enough for the "flash to pass" tofunction). I have found all over the web kits that will keep your foglights on when you turn on your highbeams and the such, so I figured that some wiring and perhaps a relay might do what I am looking to accomplish. In summary, how can I turn on the non zenon "high beams" along with the zenon high beams? Thanks for any insight that anyone might have.

JP.