General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Interior light problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Default Interior light problem

Hello All,

I just purchased a 2001 e320 4Matic and I love it but I’m having a small problem with the interior lights which is baffling me. I’m trying to set the interior lights to come on when I enter and exit the vehicle (seems simple right). I press the interior door light switch in the upper console and expected it to just set it. What happens is that when I press the switch, the interior lights come on and stay on. I then have to press the front switch to turn of the interior lights. When I stopped, turned off the car and exited, the light came back on and went off slowly when I closed and locked the car (what I wanted so I thought it was ok). The problem is that when I unlock and get back in the car, the light comes on and STAYS on. I again press the front switch and the light finally goes out. Also, if I pull over and let someone out, the light comes on AGAIN and stays on. Is there some special trick or sequence that needs to be set. I think I’m an educated person but this is driving me nuts. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Default RE: Interior light problem

it's common for all merzo to have a PAUSE before light goes off completely. if you press unlock button on yr remote control the light goes on. if you turn on ignition it will goes off.
if you just close the door then wait for a few second s and the light will goes off slowly.
try this and if you have furtther troublу then let me know

Old 06-15-2004, 05:40 PM

Thanks for replying. The problem is that when i start the car, it does NOT go off. I can ride for 30 minutes and the light would stay on. The switch is in the right position but the light won't go off. I was wondering if there is a sensor in the light that may be broken

-John

Old 06-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

try setting the interior light auto delay function to a much shorter time you want.

Old 06-17-2004, 04:24 PM

I didn't know I had that capability. How do you change this?

Thanks

-Jmansmann