General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

how to transfer phonebook from iphone to GLK350

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:43 PM

I agree with you 100% and I can tell you Mercedes just lost a customer for a life time. I recently took over a lease for a 2010 GLK. I cannot believe how bad the multimedia system is, this is my last Mercedes. After my lease is over (just one year) I will go back to BMW or Land Rover.

Small peanuts that Mercedes could have fixed easily will cost then a customer for a life time. In 2010 the iPhone already was the most selling phone in America, big mistake not to support it.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:48 PM

Did you return it?

Did they take it?

By the way, too all in this forum, I bought an old Blackberry ($30) to transfer my contacts to the car. Is fairly simple, you download the Blackberry manager to your computer, load the contacts from iCal or Outlook and then bluetooth-them-in to the GLK.

I will be done with the Blackberry in two or three more days and will happily ship it to anyone who wants it, no charge.

Post here if you want it. I was going to throw it away anyhow...

Old 01-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Default iPhone addressbook

Originally Posted by Gary Hughes
It can't be done from the iphone. But if you have a PCMCIA interface it can be done very easy. From your computer save your entire address book to a vcard file. Move the file to an SD card. Put the SD card into the PCMCIA and slide it into the slot on your dash. From the nav screen select phone/address import external data. Thats it! I imported all 700+ addresses from my computer. PCMCIA cards can be bought from ebay for about $30. MB is much more $$$ but I think they are all the same. San Disk and Dazzle both are compatible.
EXACTLY correct - great reply/help - It took me two hours at Miami Mercedes trying to convince them of this procedure -only to find out that they didn't even have a PCMCIA adapter in the entire place - bought my own - now use it to have fast flash jukebox for my Comand

Old 01-06-2014, 05:52 AM

I just did it manually,though I don't have a lot of contacts

Old 04-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Default How to use Bluetooth to copy your phone book to GLK

First you must authorize your phone to the GLK. If you cannot or have not done so check other postings for how this is done.

Before reading the following instructions, understand I have a 2012 GLK and a Droid Razor cell phone so my instructions may be a little off but hopefully they are correct enough to get you started on your device.

1. Using the Command **** click to the top line and select Phone. The screen should read “Ready for Telephony” (if it does not your phone may not have been ‘authorized’).

2. On this same screen move the cursor down to the bottom line and select Phone. Press theCommand button once.

3. On the screen that follows move the cursor to “Receive Business Cards”. Click the Command **** once. After a pause, the screen should read “Ready to Recieve”.

NOW GO TO YOUR PHONE

1.Click ‘People’on your phone to open the phone book.

2.Click the bottom left icon of your phone (on my phone the icon consist of three horizontall ines).

3.On the screen that follows select “Share contacts”. Now click ‘OK’ at the bottom of you people list.

4.On the next screen select the “Bluetooth” icon and then click ‘Just Once’ at the bottom of that screen.

If all goes as expected the screen in your GLK will start counting the number of contacts it has received. If this happens you are done. Turn off your phone’s Bluetooth feature so you can check the phone book in your car.

Good calling