General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

how to transfer phonebook from iphone to GLK350

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Default how to transfer phonebook from iphone to GLK350

Anyone knows how to transfer phonebook/contacts from iphone to GLK350 using bluetooth?

I have already paired GLK and iphone and also, able to receive and make calls but I do not see any option to transfer the iphone contacts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-26-2009, 02:42 PM

Did you ever figure this out? I just bought the GLK and are having the same problem.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 PM

It can't be done from the iphone. But if you have a PCMCIA interface it can be done very easy. From your computer save your entire address book to a vcard file. Move the file to an SD card. Put the SD card into the PCMCIA and slide it into the slot on your dash. From the nav screen select phone/address import external data. Thats it! I imported all 700+ addresses from my computer. PCMCIA cards can be bought from ebay for about $30. MB is much more $$$ but I think they are all the same. San Disk and Dazzle both are compatible.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:33 PM

What pcmcia adapter are you using and what SD card? I bought a transcend 4g sd card and a pcmcia (not transcend) and copied all my mp3 files. But the player keeps saying "No playable files"

Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Default can contacts be transfered manually?

I'm really frustrated not being able to transfer my contacts from the Iphone.

I don't have that many. Can they be entered manually?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 PM

after its paired then select address book or contacts on the COMAND then i believe it comes up? i just paired a new iphone4 with a 2010 s class....thats what I did

Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Default It just can't be done!

OK,

I have a 2010 GLK, without the navigation or a PCMCIA slot; no Premium Package. After one week of research, I have not been able to find a solution to my problem.

The way I understand it, the MB phone system only accepts Vcards, which is not supported by Iphone, period.

I guess I have to live with it.

Having said that, and after spending the last 20 years of my professional life in industrial marketing (I've been retired for 6 years), I believe MB has made a big mistake in not addressing this issue. Infinity, Honda, Nissan, and others do not have this shortcoming.

I know of one sale that MB has lost to Audi just because of this issue. I took my friend to the dealer, but he rejected the vehicle because of the cumbersome electronics and the lack of a garage door opener --- it may sound silly, but that's the real world. It just doesn'n make sense that, for a minuscule investment, MB is losing sales to the competition.

If I were in charge of MB marketing, I'd be extremely upset. But then again, I'm just a customer, not totally unhappy with the product, but definetly annoyed.

Cheers!

Old 10-22-2011, 08:40 AM

woodsideraff --

I may have a solution for you. This would be a backwards way to make this work, but it should accomplish what you need...

Go to one of your your mobile phone provider's regular stores and ask if you can borrow a bluetooth phone which is not an iphone and have then copy your address book onto that phone. Pair that phone with your car and download the contacts. Then erase your contacts in the borrowed phone and delete the phone from your car's phone list.

I realize this is a backward way to get where you want to be, but I suspect it will work.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Default archaic technology in GLK!!!

woodsideraff --
i have the same problem!
i cannot believe - completely appalled - that MB would not offer bluetooth audio streaming and easier compatablity with iPhone!!
i am so mad - bought the car 7 gays ago - GLK with some sort of Media Package - and i cannot wireless play my music from iPhone and phone book wont sync!!!
i had a VW CC before this and that came standard in it!!!!

i seriously am considering returning it. this is a MUST in all vehicles in this day and age!
im not going to buy an obsolete pcmcia card to play my music! its like the floppy disks of computers!!!!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Default Mercedes should be so ashamed of this technology

I am absolutely appalled at this technology. A navaigation system that I think came over on the Mayflower and the inablitlity to retrieve contacts from an I-phone is unforgiveable. I tried to get them to buy back the car because the Navigation system is so unreliable - sends me to so many wrong addresses - they said it wasn't a significant enough problem. This is my 3rd Mercedes and it will be the last one I ever own. I'm buying American next time. My son's Buick which cost $10,000 less than the glk does everything I would expect a 2012 automobile to do and more. Shame on you Mercedes Benz. People keep saying to me - Mercedes will make it right - hasn't happened yet.

Does anyone know if the I-cloud will help get contacts in?

Quick Reply: how to transfer phonebook from iphone to GLK350