General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Good Morning from a BMW Interloper

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Default Good Morning from a BMW Interloper

Good Morning - several Mercedes owners recommended this site for answers to a couple of questions I have. Please excuse the intrusion from a BMW nut - I have recently incorporated a new business and am affiliated with ZF, Meyle, Sachs, etc. - I have been concentrating on BMW components because I know them (I currently have a couple of E28s and an E24). As I now have wholesale access to components for most European cars, I intend to branch out - HOWEVER - I need to educate myself as much as possible on the ins and outs of the makes and models I will be offering parts for, which leads me (finally) to my questions:

For BMWs we have an excellent schematic website (www.realoem.com) that allows searches by make, model, etc & provides BMW parts schematics for each. Does such an animal exist for Mercedes?

I have been reading through the Tech threads here and getting some good info - is there an overall Mercedes tech site anyone can recommend?

Finally, this is not an advertisement, I really need the advice - most of the BMW forums I am a member of have one or two "parts gurus" who have been around for awhile and have good reputations - I do not advertise on those boards out of respect for the work they put in building a clientle, so I most certainly will not shill for sales here.

Any direction or advice will be greatly appreciated and put to good use. Thank You.
Frank Robey
Charleston, S.C.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Default RE: Good Morning from a BMW Interloper

I have no real idea as to what you're attempting with this forum, I live in NC, and I'd like to know what you have? Shoot me an email.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Default RE: Good Morning from a BMW Interloper

I empathise with your skeptisism; on the BMW boards people we have never heard of appear out of the blue selling cars, parts, pots and pans, you name it. I just need information on the best sources for parts diagrams and tech. articles, that's it. I will be expanding my business to carry most European car parts, but I will not solicit on the member areas of forums. If I decide to advertise here I will buy banner space and not clutter up good conversation.