General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

E320 CDI judders when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Unhappy E320 CDI judders when accelerating

Hi All,
I'm new to this post and need some help with my Car, it’s a Merc E320 CDI 2003. Hope someone can help me out.

The issue with my car is, it judders when you accelerate. The car wants to accelerate but something is holding it back.
I popped round to the local Mercedes garage who said they need to do a Glyco test at £189 + VAT. From here they might know what the problem is or do some more tests at additional cost.
Reading form other forums there seems to be a fault where coolant can get into the Gearbox or transmission oil.
They said if this is the case I'll need a new Gearbox or transmission. Which i'm sure will cost alot.
I have a few of questions about this.
Can anyone else do the Glyco test and how much does it normally cost?
If this is the case, will this not be a design fault in the car and should come under warranty. I tried to argue this case and the only reply i get back from Mercedes is "My car is over 5 years old and not covered now". They refused to accept it's a design fault.
Also if this is the case, won't changing the oil stop the juddering for a while until the problem is found and fixed?
Also, what will need changing and how much will it cost. Is there anyone near Preston area who can do the work?
Is there anything i can do to prevent this?
thanks in advanced
immy