General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Distronic Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Default Distronic Question

When approaching a slower traveling vehicle does the distronic hold the brakes on continually? Does this not cause early pad and rotor replacement?

Thanks for your patience with a newbie to MB.... Dan

Old 07-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Default RE: Distronic Question

Hello, The distronic distance can be adjusted and also the speed. If you come within the set distance of the car in front of you then the car wil decell or brake if nesessary to keep the set distance from the car in front of you. Depending on the year of your car, if it's an older car with distronic it will only beep letting you know you are approching the targeted vehicle it does not apply the brakes.If you have a newer 2007 car; when the car in front of you moves out of the way or speeds up your car will again resume the same distance and speed as was set prior. In order for the systems to work though, the distronic must be locked onto the car in front of you. does that help answer any of your questions?? I should ask you what year is your car ? as distronic has changed from previous years. its now called distronic plus, which will actually brake the car and come to a stop if nessesary.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Default RE: Distronic Question

chassis221....Thanks for the reply. In answer to your question, my car is a 2003 SL500.

I understand that if I have my cruise control set on 70MPH and the distronic activated if I am doing 70MPH and come behind a car doing 60MPH the distronic will slow me down to match it's speed.

What I'm interested in knowing is: While I am behind this vehicle for however length of time or miles is the distronicusingthe brake all this time to maintain the 60MPH?

Old 04-03-2013, 03:33 PM

My 2013 GLK350 shuts down the Distronic Plus system about every 50 miles. A real pain. The dealer tells me that it is caused by electro magnetic interference and that it normal operation. I find it very hard to believe that it is not a problem with the system. I kept a diary of the mile markers where it shut down thinking if there was a nearby tower causing the problem it would be replicated in the same areas. It doesn't. The dealer now says it must be oncoming vehicles with radar detectors. Normal operation?
'