General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

DAS / WIS installation problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Default DAS / WIS installation problems

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could give me any help with a DAS/WIS installation. I had already installed WIS which was working perfectly but after installing the DAS program 06/07 WIS no longer opperates correctly as the liceince key has run out in Star utilities/program manager. When trying to generate a new key the new key will not unlock the program, I think there must be a later key gernerator?
Also, I have successfully loaded the DAS program but when i try to use it comport error RS232 is being used by another program HHT is displayed?
I have not yet purchased a multiplexer as i wanted to insure i could load the DAS program before buying the expensive unit.
Thanks laz

Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Default RE: DAS / WIS installation problems

Hi Lozza, it sounds like you are using an old guide to install your DAS.
Installing DAS and wis together is not as straight forward as you may hope. The star utility program takes over the wis licensing. If you have then removed the temporary star utility then you destroy part of your wis setup. Also you have to take into account the 3 month installation expiry that is included in the latest discs.

For your info, you may find reinstalling the temp star utility will sort your wis problem.

Your com port error is due to an incorrect com setting, you have your com port set to the old com6 settings, you need to set it to com2 baude rate 115200.

jcrecordings.com have just brought out a great guide showing the installation of mercedes DAS and wisnetstandalone on the same laptop.
It contains all the tools you need and sorts out the f6 ewanapi link error as well as the later cal 503 error.

If you don't see it advertised contact the webmaster on the site, it has just been made so it may not be advertised yet