General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

COMAND system resets and associated controller system problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Default COMAND system resets and associated controller system problems

Hi!
I have seen a few posts on the forum about the COMAND system having problems (spontaneously shutting down and starting up) and some wierd but associated other problems (auto door lock not working, air conditioning controls not working, etc).
However, I have not seen any of them that have mentioned what the eventual solution was.

My 2008 C300 is having this exact problem. The COMAND system shuts down, then starts up. Various systems don't work from time to time. Shutting the car off, then starting it again sometimes fixes some of the problems for a time.

The dealership has reset the computer a number of times, loaded new software, tested several of the components (such as the air conditioning control panel, and the tire pressure controller). They believe that some component in the system is intermittently going bad and is telling the controller network to reset the system. But they can't figure out which component is the culprit.

I have taken the car in 3 times. This time, like I mentioned, it is going on 3 weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions to diagnose this problem?

Thanks
Stu