General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

CLK 320 Makes Chirping/Ticking Sound Upon Locking

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Question CLK 320 Makes Chirping/Ticking Sound Upon Locking

Hi everyone

I am having a bit of an issue with my CLK 320 which I was wondering if anyone could help me with.

For the last week or so the car has been making a chirping/ticking sound upon being locked which goes on for a while before it will stop on its own.

I took the car to my mechanic - not a dealership - who has been working on my Mercedes for a while now and who has his own Mercedes and who I trust and believe is knowledgable ... he did not know what it was.

From what I understand, he disconnected and reconnected some fuses related to the Alarm system, which fixed the problem for a few days but just tonight when the car was locked it began its chirping sound again.

He told me that if the car started up again I would have to take it to a dealership - so my question is two fold -- does anyone know what this is?

I have read all the threads I can find related to this problem and nobody can seem to say what it is exactly - something with the alarm or a reserve battery? Also, I have a feeling that I am going to have to take the car to the dealership - does anyone know of a reputable dealership in Texas near Houston or Austin? Or even in Louisiana?

Thank you so much for all of your help and info!