General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Certified PreOwned Process

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Default Certified PreOwned Process

If there is a sticky or a comprehensive thread regarding the Certified Pre-owned Process, please post as a reply. My searches did not reveal answer to this scenario.

I just purchased a 2007 c230 - 19,000 miles. It was certified 2 weeks ago from the dealership, during that process they completed the B service, replace the rear tires, and noted that scuffs and scratches on the wheels were repaired.

After 1 day of owning it, I realized the front tires were bad, and went back to the dealership - they validated that the front tires should have been replaced during the CPO process, and promptly replaced the front tires and did the 4 wheel alignment.

This left me wondering what else might have been missed during the CPO process.

I did notice that one of the weels has some significant scratches (see pic) and I assumed since this is a 2007, that would fall under normal wear and tear and not get replaced during the CPO process, however, the report they gave me says the wheels had been repaired.

Can you tell me if this is normal, or should have been replaced during the Certified Pre-Owned Process? The scuffs are on 5 of the spokes, I just zoomed in to show the detail.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Certified PreOwned Process-photo.jpg   Certified PreOwned Process-photo1.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 05:10 PM

For historical purposes, and in case anyone comes across this using the search function, here is what I found out.

The wheels in question shoud have been replaced during the inspection, they were noted as being repaired, however were not.

The dealer has agreed, rather easily too, to replace the wheels. The car as a CPO should come virtually dent,scratch, and ding free! Otherwise they wouldn't call it CPO.