General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

cd changer not recognized by system

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Default cd changer not recognized by system

i bought a factory cd changer for my 02' c240, i took it to a shop to get it installed. they charged me almost 200 bucks! at the end of the day when they connected the cd changer it displayed "No Cd Changer" on the radio. the guys at the shop insisted that the cd changer was defective. so i took it to a benz dealer to get it checked out. they tried to program the car to recognize the cd changer but yet no luck. so they plugged in a new cd changer and still no luck. two hours into it i had the choice to either let them continue searchin for the problem at $99/hr or take it home. at this time i had already put $400 into this project with no results. has anyone had this problem or know of this problem? plz let me know because i'm running out of ideas and MONEY! lol

Old 04-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Default RE: cd changer not recognized by system

I had the same problem with my Cd changer on my 99 C280. After replacing the first one and in a couple of months the no changer came up. The dealership replaced the radio and the second changer worked fine for the past two years. However the other day I got the no CD changer again. This time I jiggled the fiber optic cables connected to the changer and it was OK. Try doing this. If your really ambitious take the player out. The changer has snap connections like some speakers, a cable could have worked loose.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 PM

I'm goin' nuts with this CD problem! 18 months ago, CD changer just died. Radio showed "No CD" after the car's battery had been replaced and radio reset. Dealer said there was a D27 configuration missing, faults stored for CD changer, reset D28 ring. Still didn't work so I raised hell and got a new changer under warranty.
Recently, car battery died again (I don't drive this POS much), I reset the radio, radio and tape work fine. CD changer shows "No CD connected" - took car to dealer, says CD changer has to be replaced. !?!?!?!?!?!
What needs to happen here so that I am not on the hook for a new CD changer every year? Is there a code I need to know to program in so the radio recognizes the changer?
thanks!![8D]

Old 12-04-2007, 11:04 PM

Please let me know if you are still having a problem. I had the same issue and I sent the cd changer to 'ALPINe' (that is the brand) and they rebuilded/fix the cd changer and i think that i paid $.100.00 + shipping. Edgar in NY