General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Cartridge for CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Default Cartridge for CD Changer

I have a '95 MB CD changer in the trunk. I want more cartridges for it.Anyone know where I canget some that's closer than Germany? </P>

Aren't thereonly a couple of companies making these changers for other companies to use? Kind of a Sears-typesetup?</P>

Old 01-05-2004, 04:01 PM

Yes, it's very easy to find at your local audio store, or ebay.
Look for Alpine CD Changer Magazine (Catridge). I have 2 different CD changer in my 96 C280 and 99 CLK. They are different type of changers, but the magazines is the same, I can switch them around.</P>

I am notthe seller, just searched one for you on ebay to give you an idea.</P>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2452197502</P>

Old 01-05-2004, 04:12 PM

Thanks! Great info.</P>

Your username reminds me of one of my nephews. We were swimming once and he said he was going to do an impression of Free *****. He jumped straight up out of the water, bent over backwards, anddove backinto the water head first. He took his trunks off before he did it, though. He reminds me of Steve-O.</P>

Old 01-06-2004, 06:47 PM

So, I go to HiFi Buys (Tweeter)today and things are looking up at first. One of the guys up front starts talking Alpine right off the bat, but can't find one for me to try. </P>

He pages the car stereo geek who's in the dark recesses in the back of the store. Heshufflesforthwearing clothesfour sizes too large and hasn't combed his hair in, say, three years or so. He comes up to me and immediatelyasks if the car has a Bosesystem. When Ianswer yes he says "Can't help ya.Bose and Mercedes are in bed together. Gotta go to a MB dealership." Then he sniffed some snot back up his nose and slipped back into the darkness. Is this guy full of bovine droppings? He should know, but ...</P>

I'mgoing to a different storeto buy an Alpine. If it doesn't fit I'll return it and go to the dealer, I guess.I don't want a used one off of e-Bay.</P>

Old 01-06-2004, 10:19 PM

I don't believe it. There is not one store in the Atlanta area that stocks cartridges for CD changers. I found a couple that had 200 or so in their warehouse, but none in the store. This is getting silly. Indy didn't have this much trouble finding the Lost Ark.