General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Blower Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Default Blower Problems

Hey guys,new member to this sight and I am hoping that someone may be able to help me with a blower problem. While in college, my trusty Honda Accord blew the gaskets and I had to junk the car. However, my father ended up selling me his old 1985 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo for a dollar. Yes, I am the proud owner of a Mercedes Benz purchase for the grand old price of a dollar. Anyway, the heater blower has not worked in about two years. I thought that the problem could be that the wiring was cracked, cut, broke, etc... and that no power was getting to the blower. But... I tested the wiring with a voltmeter and power seems to be running through the connection just fine. So, I removed the blower from the lower passenger side dash and plugged the blower up again to its connection. When I turned the ignition, the blower came on immediately. So, I placed the blower back in its spot under the dash, put the screws back in, and plugged the blower back up. However, the blower would not cut on. Does anyone have any suggestions on why the blower works when I remove it from its cubby hole, and why it does not work when I place it back under the dash. Any helpful hints on what I should look at, or replace to get the blower working again would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Default RE: Blower Problems

see if you have this little fuse box this is the blower fuse. left side around the top of the stut area in front of brake booster

[IMG]local://upfiles/20215/8ED737FBB64442BA84738245E41FB6C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Default RE: Blower Problems

Hey, thanks for the input. However, my car does not have the particular fuse you were referring to in your reply. If it were a fuse, I assume the blower would not work, even when I remove it from underneath the dash. But, it does work when I pull it out from underneath the dash. It just does not seem to wish to come on when I secure it back in its compartment underneath the dash. Are you aware if there is any type of sensor that controls whether or not the blower comes on? Again, thanks for your input.