General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

anyone have the ipod integration kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Default anyone have the ipod integration kit?

Hello, I was just wondering if anybody has the ipod integration kit who can verify something based on experience. I heard from someone else that it really sucks...

First of all, I heard that it only displays the first 6 letters of the song names on your dashboard console. This is bad becasue the ipod was designed to allow long song names. So every Pink Floyd song will be rendered as "Pink Fl" - that's useless.

Second of all, I heard that the processing efficiency/speed of the dashboard interface decreases as the number of songs on your ipod increases. In other words, if you have 20 songs, it will be okay, but if you have something like 170 songs (like ipods are supposed to) then it will be so slow that it will literally take hours to move just a few songs down the list.

This sounds like the MB integration kit is incompatible with the ipod considering ipods were supposed to hold lots of songs (that's why you paid for so-and-so gigabytes- right). Anyway, is this rediculous claim actually true?