Diesel Performance A discussion section for performance diesel modifications.

om617 to jeep swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:15 AM

So I took the intake and exhaust manifolds off. Wow what allot of gunk in the intake.
Wanting to install a pyro Was thinking about the underside of the manifold. Would I need a 90° probe?

Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 AM

OK I'll have to wait till after the pyro arrives to see which probe I got.
I m going to be ordering the intake and valve cover gaskets. Any others I should consider replacing?

Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 PM

lol ya figured putting it in the egr hole was a bad idea.

im kinda afraid to pull the ip to repalce the gasket. is there any thing special to know. how bout the vac pump?

is that the oil pressure sensor under the trubo on the side of the block? i noticed when i was driving the vheicle the oil pressure was a bit twitchy at idle. bounced between 1.5 and 2 bar. and would shoot and stay at over 3 when driving. is that normal?

Old 08-09-2013, 05:19 AM

i dont think this is a heater. but i could be wrong. i see where the oil pressure sensor is on the side of the oil canister.

im going to play dumb. are you referring to the factory manual for timing instructions?

any way to clean the sluge out of the intake ports on the head with out taking the head off?
how do i check the cage on the vac pump? take it off and take it apart? if i remove it from the timing cover will the gear attached fall down into the bottom or is it attached to the injection pump?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 PM

can the engine be ran with the rear cover of the ip? im going to say prob not.
ip adjustments, im thinking bout doing the full load adjustment removal while its out of hte engine. and only adjust that one setting. good or bad idea?

i have to remove the stock oil filter houseing from the engine. no to ways about it, it wont clear the fire wall. i was thinking of useing the ford ph8a size oil filters. is there a brand you sugest? i useally use fleetguard or wix or napagold filters on my other trucks.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:04 AM

Do you think two 1qt oil filters would be to much filtration?
Is the oil cooler really that needed?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:56 PM

Do you think a oil thermostat is required? Or would having the 2 big oil filters provide enough cooling? The kit uses 3/8 lines. Will that be big enough?

Old 08-14-2013, 08:17 PM

Where would some one find a flange that would bolt directly to the outlet of the turbo so i wouldnt have to deal with the accordion thingy?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 PM

Cool build. I'm looking forward to future progress.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:21 AM

Hey thanks for the info's . sorry I haven't replied I have been working mad or the last few weeks.
Got the pyro installed today. Drilled and tapped the stock tstat housing for the jeep sensor but when I went to install the sensor I broke the housing. Wondering if the housing's are the same between the turbo and non turbo?
As for the oil cooler Im thinking of doing block/filter/cooler/block. But still wondering if a aftermarket bypass t stat would be nessary after filters?

Quick Reply: om617 to jeep swap