Diesel Performance A discussion section for performance diesel modifications.

Amsoil Dual Filter Unit?

Old 03-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Default Amsoil Dual Filter Unit?

I was thinking of coming up with a better oil filter system for my 240d 123. I found this https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...l-bypass-unit/

I'm thinking of a remote sytem with the filter head on the framerail somewhere, a permacool thermostat for the cooler and a plate on the motor that just has an in and out and blocks the original bypass drain into the block. And i'll have an output for the turbo feed and oil press gauge.

3 reasons for this,
-Motor going in the car is out of a 300sd. I understand the filter housings are a little different and might not fit?
-Would be easier to get to the back of the inj pump for adjustments
-I think the amsoil bypass filter would be better than the stock type that are apparently filled with twigs and berries and ****.

I'd just buy the filter head and filters, make up my own lines ect.. Thoughts on this? Or am I pissing in the wind and trying to reinvent the wheel?

Old 06-28-2015, 01:35 PM

Amsoil Filter * Bypass filter
I had single large on my 190D 2.2L - filter absorb water & taking dirt to 1 micron
In normal use 1 a year replace element * connected to oil pressure gauge & return to oil pan.
Used with Amsoil can go for extended oil change
Big Trucks running for life oil service