Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

what's the best wvo conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Default RE: what's the best wvo conversion kit

Hey ANDMOON can you give me some more specifics on FPHE and HIH ,I looked in "other" forum but had no luck. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:25 PM

Starting below 0 isnt taht hard. Just plug your engine in over night (if equipped), have good glow plugs and battery, and mix kerosene in with the Dino D.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: ENYT

Hey ANDMOON can you give me some more specifics on FPHE and HIH ,I looked in "other" forum but had no luck. Thanks.
Omar did the last group buy. I think he was going to order extras so contact him. He is on most of the vo sites.
http://www.greasel.com/Individual-Components.html
look at their 3b hose $7/foot plus 87cents/ft there after

Old 06-07-2006, 06:40 PM

hey andmoon, can you recall where you saw the wagon fuel tank that mounts in a wheel well?

Old 06-07-2006, 07:18 PM

Nobody mentioned PlantDrive? Frankly I think it is as good or better quality than Frybrid's. It is also available a la carte, so you don't have to buy anything you don't want, unlike Frybrid's all or nothing. It also has electric heat (Vegtherm) as well, Fybrid doesn't. And Neoteric (PlantDrive) is easy to deal with. Frybird...well, they can be let's just say not so. And PlantDrive has been in the VO conversion business longer than any of them. They aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for, and in this case, as much or little as you want.

There's also Fattywagons for components (no kits). Their quality seems to me pretty good and prices are reasonable, but it is definitely a DIY since it is not a kit and the design is up to you.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: swamper

hey andmoon, can you recall where you saw the wagon fuel tank that mounts in a wheel well?
Sorry but I don't remember. I saw it when I was researching before my 1st conversion.
I have found tank manufaturers that charge by tank volume not shape so you could measure and have one made.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Default What about Elsbett conversions

Has anyone done an Elsbett conversion ?

I'm still debating between an Elsbett and a GreaseCar conversion...

-paul

Old 07-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Default RE: What about Elsbett conversions

I am getting ready to have an elsbit kit in stalled I have been told that it is the best kit on the market for mercedes.

Old 07-02-2006, 12:56 AM

Please let me know how the conversion went...what car, cost, etc...

-paul

Old 07-02-2006, 01:23 AM

what country are you in that they offr elsbett kits? what kind of car are you doign it on anyhow

Quick Reply: what's the best wvo conversion kit