Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

New to the forum. Love my older diesels.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Default New to the forum. Love my older diesels.

Hi, new to the forum. Seems to be a ton of really useful information here so I'm going to spend some time reading.

Own a small handful of Diesels, listed in my signature. I enjoy working on them and love the reliability of them.

I just finished putting a brand new engine down in my 85 300D. Working out a few of the little kinks right now, but been driving the car the last couple days and it's doing great.

I need to finish putting a new head on my 87 300D, everything is sitting there waiting to finish the job, but keep getting side tracked with other issues.

My 85 300CD was a garage find, literally. Spent the last 10 years of it's life as a customer donor car at a local gas station. When I picked it up it hardly ran, replacement of the engine mounts, all filters, running a diesel purge, setting the valves correct,replacing a leaking primer pump, replacing the fuel lines and turning up the boost on the KKK turbo to a WOT of 20 and tossing on new shocks and tires has brought the car back to life. (of course I cleaned out the bango bolts, replaced all the vacuum lines etc also.)

I had an 81 300D, good car. Slow... suffered from blowby etc. I replaced all the brakes, tie-rods and a handful of other little things, recently traded it for the new engine I put down in the 85.

My Ford... well, bought that just to pull the 81 halfway across the country to it's new owner and bring the engine back. (believe it or not it was cheaper than renting a truck for the weekend). Anyways, now I'm having some fun playing with the International 7.3 IDA that sits in it. I'm calling her old smoky. I'm talking fill the yard with a cloud when you first start her up kind of smoke, clears up after its been running. Should still last for sometime so I'll keep it around as a work truck.

So, that's basically me. Looking forward to the conversations!

Old 10-28-2011, 12:26 PM

Awesome... How do you turn up the turbo?

Also, what do you mean by suffering from blowby?