Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

lack of power

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Smile lack of power

hello everyone,
new to this forum. I have been in motor trade for some time now, but that doesnt mean individuals know everything...
wonder if anyone could help me with my 2001 270 cdi lack of power issue..
driving from the rest is ok, once i reach 60mph power completelly dies off, however if i pull over on the laybay turn the ignition off back on power present again until 60mph and it will very slowly accelerate to 80mph-not more.
I have connected fault code reader, and there were no recordered faults. I have observed the air mass meter live readings and this seems to be ok but still no power once it reaches 60mph. As we all make mistake sometimes, i thort it will be a good idea to fit new air mass meter in case my diagnostic skill have sliped out of my sleeves. Vehicle had litlle bit more power on first test initial test drive, but then power still dies out once i almost reach 60mph?
Are there anyone amongst us who had same problem and could anyone make suggestion-give advice what should i do next.
i really appreciate everyones time and effort in helping me out to resolve this issue. Thanks all again

Old 04-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Red face lack of power

hello to everyone again,

in addition to my privious post, i forgot to mention couple of things.

1 when i read fault codes, fault codes were't recognised, so i assumed that ECU was in sleep mode??? therefore i disconected number of sensors and other electrical components on the engine assuming that this will awake ECU and tryed to start engine, however engine didnt start and brought up the EPC warnining light which was expected. When i read fault codes at this stage, codes were recognised by scaner but, if you try to read fault codes it show's no mulfunction recognised and EPC warning light was still illuminated??? When i cleared fault codes, EPC light dissapeared and engine was running good for several miles.

2 does anyone think i might have problem with brake pedal switch?

*MOD edit: Merged with existing thread*

Thanks

Last edited by ForcedInduction; 04-12-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Question lack of power

hello to everyone,

i have posted thred 2 days ago, the issue with my 2001 270 cdi lack of power. However, no one replyed back yet and i am just wondering if i have posted my thred in incorrect field or nobody knows what is the problem?

thank you all

*MOD edit: Merged with existing thread*

Last edited by ForcedInduction; 04-12-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Default cats ???

did a e class 03 reg 2.7. after a run would go into limp mode and report a turbo pressure fault. we found that the cats where blocked. we took exhaust off and road tested the vehicle to find fault. the e class had 2 cats on it and the manifold cat was blocked.