Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Help! Diesel Spraying from rear injector

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:15 AM
Default RE: Help! Diesel Spraying from rear injector

Go ahead and try it. better yet try it on yourself. For those who know, there are things called "MDSS's", or Material Data Safety Sheets and are fedary required for any fuel or otherwise dangeruours material used by any company that htey have on hand. According to them, diesel is a level 2 FLAMABLE liquid, there fore not combustible and not really flamable at all.

for your own reference, I went online and found these two MDSS's for high and low sulfur diesel fuel to proove this

Low sulfur MDSS http://www.burkeoil.com/pdf/diesls2.pdf

High Sulfur MDSS http://www.burkeoil.com/pdf/dieshs2.pdf

Old 07-13-2006, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

please stop giving wrong advises if you cannot even spell DANGEROUS.

all our dealers here uses KARCHER steam washer and it is using diesel to heat the core.

i can only guarrantee you that it will burn your gonad into a fine barbecue state.

if it's not combustible, then why does it creates fire?

the diesel on obeasto's car is not inside the coffee cup, but it is being SPRAYED FROM THE REAR INJECTOR!

with a fine mist of diesel on a very hot enclosed space on the rear of the car where the exhaust is also located... is safety hazard already.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:11 PM

A) Dangerous is spelled D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S

b) I am not giving wrong "advisesesees" (as you spelled it)

c) What makes a diesel engine different froma gasoline or any other type of engine is that it is the only engine which is actually capable of burning diesel fuel using what is called in the business COMPRESSION

d)combustible and flammable are two completely different terms. Flammable means that it is capable of conducting flames via burning-wood, paper, gasoline, and hairspray are all flamable. Combustible means that immidialty upon reaching the material's "flash point"- nother term used in that MDSS that I showed you, refering to the specific heat temperature at which the product will burn. So, combustible means that ummediatly upon reaching the flash point the eintire product instantly not only burns, however it releases a plume of flame created by what are called FUMES. Fumes are evaporated gases that have converted states of matter from a liquid, or sometimes even a gas. Flamable products which are capable of converting to this super flamable state of matter called a gas very easily, rapidly, and without compromising its flamability are called COMBUSTIBLE. now sleeperman, do you understnad the differences??? Im sorry if I used too many big words for you, such as fume, but if you go to www.dictionary.com they will help you figure out what words suck as matter mean.

f)Go ahead and try it on your driveway man, or on yourself. Either way its not gonna combust.

g)the exhaust comes out of the back of that model car

h)As a corss reference, most other fluids burnt in diesel engines are not flamable as well during normal STP (Standard Temperature and Pressure). These include high sulfur diesel, biodiesel, and vegetable oil. Now if you are going to sit there and try to convicne me that veggie oil and gasoline are the same as far as flamability goes, then you have got something to deal with cause thats jsut wrong.

i) Gasoline and diesel fuel are not the same thing smarty pants- I dont know where you got that from or why you decided to say it, but its simply incorrect.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: duxdevil

Go ahead and try it. better yet try it on yourself. For those who know, there are things called "MDSS's", or Material Data Safety Sheets and are fedary required for any fuel or otherwise dangeruours material used by any company that htey have on hand. According to them, diesel is a level 2 FLAMABLE liquid, there fore not combustible and not really flamable at all.

for your own reference, I went online and found these two MDSS's for high and low sulfur diesel fuel to proove this

Low sulfur MDSS http://www.burkeoil.com/pdf/diesls2.pdf

High Sulfur MDSS http://www.burkeoil.com/pdf/dieshs2.pdf
I'm sorry but Diesel fuel will catch fire and I know all about MSDS because I work with them every day on the Hazardous material side of my job. Hell, we use diesel fuel to light our heater. No, it's not as flammable as gas, you're right on that part but get enough steady heat to it and it will light up light any other gas. Unlike gas, it may not explode readily like the vapors of gasoline, but light something like paper and hold it to the diesel and it will light. Been there done it or else the troops would of freeze to detah on Korean winter FTXes. And diesel also tend to burn longer.
And also one more thing, if it's not combustible, how the hell do you think it runs an engine? With no spark, but a glow plug, hot glow plug at that? Pressure and heat, and boom you have a mini explosion and thus combustion, like gasoline, just not as readily and that's why most deisel engines require a little more compression and are made heavier.

Vegtable oil even will burn with enough heat long enough. Ever heard of a grease fire? Ask my brother. He knows first hand. And when a grease fire gets going, it's going hard. And yeah, spray a fine mist to a hot exhuast it will burn. Maybe not explode as readily as gosoline but it will burn.

Trust me, diesel will ignite if you don't dip the whole little flame into the fuel aka killing the oxygen. (Try that with gasoline kiss ya behind good by.) Hold a nice light of paper to it and still kiss ya behind good by if it's enough of it.

And actually combustible is like burnable. Such as wood is combustible paper, hairspray. Gasoline is flammable, hairspray is flammable and yes even diesel fuel is considered highly flammable by DOT.

DOT Emergency Guidelines:

Fire or explosion: HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Those substances designated with a "P" may polymerize explosively when heated or involved in a fire. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water. Substances may be transported hot. /Fuel oil; Fuel oil, no. 1,2,4,5,6/
[U.S. Department of Transportation. 2000 Emergency Response Guidebook. RSPA P 5800.8 Edition. Washington, D.C: U.S. Government Printing Office, 2000,p. G-128]**QC REVIEWED
http://www.frankmckinnon.com/diesel_fuel.htm

And even by your evidence of the MSDS, it's has a cat 2 which is moderately flammable. And in the precaution section, it states keep it away from heat, sparks and such and meaning that it will ignite and blow. Even in the empty container guidline, it states word for word, Empty containers contain toxic FLAMMABLE/COMBUSTIBLE residue or vapors. (meaning, put a light to it and it will burn.) And it even says in the stabilty section, Avoid heat, sparks, and open flames. Meaning, if you put a fire to it, it will burn.

All category two means that it's not as readily burning or flammble as level three rubbing alchol, which when you put a light to it as soon as you put a light or heat, hot enough, it will burn. And then somewhere at the top or near the top is good old gasoline. Place a match anywhere near it, due to the low flash point, it will not only catch fire, it might flash burn or flash fire and or explode with no exitation, like pulling a trigger to a gun. You'll be done before you can react. With diesel, you have a little time ot think about what a dummy such and such is for putting a flame to diesel thinking it won't burn before it goes into flames.

Try putting a fire to diesel if you want to and BBQ your nuts over an open fire.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

i will not argue with you travis. it's pointless because your philosophy is twisted.

never tell me about fuels. i worked in Saudi Arabia petrochemical company for 3 years. i know my stuff.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:21 AM

sleeperman, I would appreciate it if you would respect our middle eastern friends just like you treat me and your friends. This is no place for racism and fascism, with you talking about your terrible thoughts against people form Saudi Arabia. That makes me sick.
Racism and egocentrism, and arogance are all terrible traits, and I for one will not tolerate it. I will not sit ehre and read the forum, reading your terrible racist remarks, without standing up for those poor souls.

Never tell me racism. I am and have been a World Of Difference Certified Peer Facilitator for the Anti-Defimation League (ADL) for 3 years. I know my stuff.

The internet is no place for hate.

As a matter of fact, I think that the administrator for this site, Patrick, should declare this webiste a No Place For Hate community. That is a campaign that has swept the country nulloing out racism and intolerance town by town, person by person. They now have no place for hate websites.

Racism is wrong, and you are too mister. Dont ever preach racism and hate in front of me again, ever.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

take my advise:

go to the nearest hospital and look for their DEFILBRILLATOR.

put both of the prod one in each ear and activate it.

it might straighten your brain pattern.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: duxdevil

sleeperman, I would appreciate it if you would respect our middle eastern friends just like you treat me and your friends. This is no place for racism and fascism, with you talking about your terrible thoughts against people form Saudi Arabia. That makes me sick.
Racism and egocentrism, and arogance are all terrible traits, and I for one will not tolerate it. I will not sit ehre and read the forum, reading your terrible racist remarks, without standing up for those poor souls.

Never tell me racism. I am and have been a World Of Difference Certified Peer Facilitator for the Anti-Defimation League (ADL) for 3 years. I know my stuff.

The internet is no place for hate.

As a matter of fact, I think that the administrator for this site, Patrick, should declare this webiste a No Place For Hate community. That is a campaign that has swept the country nulloing out racism and intolerance town by town, person by person. They now have no place for hate websites.

Racism is wrong, and you are too mister. Dont ever preach racism and hate in front of me again, ever.

?

Old 07-18-2006, 08:50 PM

Thats all nice..... how does one remove the return lines?
do they just push on? or is there some kind of secret ritual to coax them off?
I am having the same issue -
though its more of a drip than a spray..
and its coming from the black fuzzy line.

ALSO is there any apecial order they need to be installed in?
there seems to be 2 on each injector does it matter if one line goes on the wrong side of the injector or anything?

thanks!

Old 07-21-2006, 09:46 AM

I love the fighting!
Diesel will not ignite w/ a match.
It will ignite without compression if there is enough heat...like a big flame or exhaust.

The return lines pull off...NOT. What usually happens is that the line will break at the nipple. If you use a razor to cut off the remaining bit be careful not to nick the nipple as it may start a small seepage issue.
I just did mine yesterday.

Don't forget to replace the last one by the firewall...it's the plugged one.

Quick Reply: Help! Diesel Spraying from rear injector