Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Electrical Problems!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Default Electrical Problems!

Greetings all,

I have a '92 300D with odd electrical problems.

Driving back from Dallas to Albuquerque yesterday, and the sunroof starts opening and closing with no activation from me. Sometimes it would open just an inch or two and then close, other times all the way, and remain open. At times when it didn't open and close on its own, a clicking could be heard from the right rear (presumably where the motor is?) I ended up getting it closed and then pulling the fuse, which was alright, but then, when trying to roll down the driver's side window, with one touch it would go all the way down and not go up. In stopping the car and turning the key off and then on, it would go back up.

Anyone know the relation between these two problems? I've searched the forums, but don't find advice specific to this problem.

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Default RE: Electrical Problems!

96 e330d here, and I know that with my vehicle, the owners manual gives you instructions on how to rescrionize the windows and sunroof by holding down the activation buttons for a specified period of time. Usually the need to do this would occur if the battery was disconnected for some reason, such as installing a new battery. Good luck.