Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

300D won't stop running

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Default 300D won't stop running

I tried to make my life a little eaisier today so I took my 1984 300D to Jiffy Lube to get the oil changed. Now it won't stop running!! I had to use the manual lever to turn it off when I got home. I'm sure they knocked a vacuum line off somewhere but I have no idea where to start looking. Can someone tell me which vacuum line operates the shutoff? This is so frustrating. It was supposed to be just an oil change...[:@]

Old 12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Default RE: 300D won't stop running

From where the fuse box is, diagonaly left and down theres some vacuum lines exposed, try there. some thing happened to me, guess they just bump them out or something, just stick it back in and your set

Old 12-12-2007, 12:26 PM

I found the vacumm line and put it back on what I assume to be the shutoff valve.The engine was running at the time (keys in my hand) and as soon as I placed the line back on the connector it shut off. Thanks!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:47 AM

That is funny, my strter went on my 300 d and took it off and did the bushes and brushes etc, put it back in, started beautifully first time, turned the key to shut it off and it would not. so from not strting to not stopping..... was also one of the vacuum lines that had come adrift while taking the starter off..

Old 12-13-2007, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: chrisf

I found the vacumm line and put it back on what I assume to be the shutoff valve.The engine was running at the time (keys in my hand) and as soon as I placed the line back on the connector it shut off. Thanks!
NEVER usethose quick oil change places. Most of their "technicians" are animals. I once brought my Dodge B-150 work van to Jiffy Lube for an oil + filter change in February to save myself from working on my frozen driveway. Well, that luxury cost me BIG. The monkey who worked on my van broke my dipstick off at the handle, but didn't tell me and just shoved the top plastic "T" piece back in. The next time I went to check my oil (after about two tanks of fuel)the handle popped out and the metal indicator remained deep inside the tube.

I was furious!

When I went back and the Managersaid all damage must be reported within 10 days, so there was nothing they (or I) could do. So I went to the Dodge Boys and bought a new $47 dipstick and ended up in the driveway in the snowANYWAY to fix that.

AND, when I finally checked my oil I was exactly 1 qt. low, so they screwed methere, too.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

EVER usethose quick oil change places. Most of their "technicians" are animals.
+1

Our guys at walmart's tire lube an express never seem to fail. Damaging cars, draining transmission oil instead of engine oil, taking battery connections off and refusing to put them back on, forgetting about customer cars, giving people the wrong keys. It's insane what some of those quick lube places are capable of.