Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

"MODEL YEAR 2007 AND OLDER"

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Default "MODEL YEAR 2007 AND OLDER"

i jsut wen tto the diesel station and say a stciker that said "low sulfer diesel - state law prohibits use in year 2007 and LATER vehicles, and it may also damage your engine"

what the hell does thae mean? Is it fine to use in my 84 300d?

Old 07-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Default RE: "MODEL YEAR 2007 AND OLDER"

there is no harm in usimg the only real benefit of sulpher in the fuel IS lubrication of the injectors and injector pump. we can counteract the loss of lubricant with marvel mystery oil or Howes diesel fuel additive. most of the truckers in the north east use howes. i use MMO myself.mmo is used all the time. added to the diesel fuel i use 16-32 ounces a tankful. doesnt hurt anything to use a higher ratio. this will also prevent moss and bacteria from growing in the tank. my 81 saw very little in the way of maintenence. thankfully it was not driven a hell of a lot. since getting it i did a diesel purge with liqui moly and run power service products diesel kleen injector and fuel system cleaner as a preventive maintenence measure. the mystery oil is for lubrication. this car ran poorly for a month or so. i even posted asking for help with surging at idle. now it runs better every time i drive it. no surging smooth as a caddy.